We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

installing themes and plugins help | Forum

Andrew
Andrew Sep 6 '18
Greetings all

made a new install of oxwall on a domain of mine though when I go to uplaod and install a plugin it goes to the FTP attributes page and no matter what details i enter there nothing happens when I click on enter , anyone have any idea what i am missing perhaps ?

I did the oxwall install via the cpannel

thank you in advance

Andrew

Marius
Marius Sep 6 '18

Quote from Andrew Greetings all

made a new install of oxwall on a domain of mine though when I go to uplaod and install a plugin it goes to the FTP attributes page and no matter what details i enter there nothing happens when I click on enter , anyone have any idea what i am missing perhaps ?

I did the oxwall install via the cpannel

thank you in advance

Andrew

Activation:
Enter your username and password ( the same as in  cpanel ) in FTP attributes page.  
AppXprt
AppXprt Sep 9 '18
Honestly I dont use ftp, except for sftp

You can also drop any plugin folder into ow_plugins

Just make sure you extract the folder from the plugin's zip before doing that.

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Sep 9 '18
Andrew
Andrew Sep 10 '18
greetings all

thank you for the replies , managed to get it going by creating a new FTP account via the Cpanel with its home directory being the public_HTLM folder that seemed to fix it :)

only thing left now is to find a payment portal that supports my local currency 

dave Leader
dave Sep 10 '18
Be sure if you use ftp that you upload in binary, there is an option for that and some scripts will blow up if you dont. 

Also never use the auto install from any kind of panel for any software.  Download the software and install it manually, you will get a much better result.