We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Failed addin license check | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Wells Anderson
Wells Anderson Sep 21 '18
We got this message: Plugins/themes obtained through Oxwall Store and installed on your website (https://lxviii.org/) have failed license verification check.

We purchased and installed 1 theme and 1 plugin on our site. Then our community changed the site name and we installed them on the new site with the same keys. So I understand why we'd get that error for the theme and plugin that we reused. I doubt that uninstalling the from the unused Oxwall sit will fix the issue. Can you help me with information on what to do?

What's weird is that we bought the licenses for 3 more plugins only for our new site, lxviii.org, and only used their keys on that site. Why would they fail a license check?  Thank you very much!!!

Both sites are hosted under our one Fastcomet hosting account. Fastcomet has been excellent for us. Should I be asking them?
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Sep 21 '18

You can only use the paid plugins / themes on one domain. If you install them on another domain you will need to reset the IP address in mypurchases. There is a Plugins, and Themes link in the My Purchases page. Just click on reset IP.

The paid plugins, and themes you are using on the new domain will need to be uninstalled from the old domain.

Wells Anderson
Wells Anderson Sep 21 '18
Ahh, that makes total sense. I have a mismatch between the IP address in my purchases and in the new site. Thanks!