We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can not drag and move my columns on my Oxwall site | Forum

Anton
Anton Sep 23 '18

I have a struggle problem with my columns on starmediaproject.com.

It seems that I can not drag and move my columns wherever I want to.

Any suggestions?

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Sep 23 '18

Has been on your site's "main" index page.

Out of the picture you sent, it seems like you've fixed the problem, are you?

Anton
Anton Sep 23 '18

Quote from Ketil Ervik

Out of the picture you sent, it seems like you've fixed the problem, are you?

Nope. Still has that problem.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Sep 23 '18

You mention columns. You can't move the columns. You can only move the widgets.

If you can't move the widgets, from what I've read in the past, there is some kind of JS conflict that is interfering with the platform. Usually ends up being a third party plugin causing the problem. Try disabling all third party plugins, and see if they corrects your issue. If it does, enable them one at a time to find which one it may be. Also if you have any JS added in the head, or body section in the admin panel, be sure to check that as well.

Anton
Anton Sep 24 '18

Quote from Darryl B

Try disabling all third party plugins, and see if they corrects your issue. 

And where am I suppose to disable the third party plugins?

Some of them must be enabled on the site, but if it is required to remove them, well then.

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Sep 24 '18

It's just a trouble shooting technique. You can disable one at a time in the admin panel by going to installed plugins. When you hover over the plugin you will see deactivate to the right. You don't have to do base plugins. Just third party plugins. It just helps to rule that out. If you find that a particular plugin is causing the issue, you can contact the dev for assistance.

Anton
Anton Sep 26 '18
Quote from Darryl B

It's just a trouble shooting technique. You can disable one at a time in the admin panel by going to installed plugins. When you hover over the plugin you will see deactivate to the right. You don't have to do base plugins. Just third party plugins. It just helps to rule that out. If you find that a particular plugin is causing the issue, you can contact the dev for assistance.

Hmm, looks like I need to contact the developer support.
AppXprt
AppXprt Sep 26 '18
Check the dev console for js errors and post them here please
Anton
Anton Sep 26 '18
Btw, I think I know what it cause the problem; it is Music Extreme Player.

It is not compatible with 1.8.4 version.

So when I disabled it on the admin panel, it worked.