We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Questions! (RESOLVED!) - Member X | Forum

Blaire
Blaire Dec 26 '18
Help needed:

1. General settings...

1.1 "Show gender and age" "Yes"
Does not work.

Does not appear on the search results page at all.

Completely non-functional.

1.2 "Show join date on search results" "No"

Still appears even though it clearly is set to "No"
(I cleared site cache via dev_mode -- this issue persists)

1.3 "Show last activity on search results" "Yes"
Does not work.

1.4 "Show page title" "Yes"
No idea what this is suppose to do but no changes happen when "Yes"
???

1.5 "Show age and location in results list" "Yes"
Does not work.

Does not appear on the page at all.

Possible buttons section
1.6 "Wink" "Checked"
Does not work
Though, I'm using the "Advanced Poker" plugin. Maybe this is why? Need confirmation of compatibility. I understand if there is no compatibility with other 3rd party plugins so this is a lesser worry.

2. Profile Field Settings
Broken. Absolutely broken.

If I check off ANYTHING then it absolutely DESTROYS the entire Members page. Unreadable disaster.

3. Search bar across the top based on your own screen shots. Does not have same functionality. I do not know why?! Yours shows that a person can search based on gender and age-range. Mine will ONLY give me the capability to search based on location. That's cool and all but, uh, what about being able to search for location, gender, and age? Why is your screen shot SO vastly different? Why are you getting more profile field options than me? Where is this suppose to be set at?

4. "Featured members" -- is is this even for? Where is this feature set? Lost. If enabled, it's just a blank section. If it has anything to do with "Highlighted Roles" then this is also broken/non-functional.

5. Put in a search from the top bar for 50 miles from a random postal code. Searched.
"Join Date" appears even though I have it selected as "NO". "Show last activity on search result" does not appear even though it is set to "YES".
So, even the actual SEARCH page isn't having the settings applied.

6. Mobile.
TOTALLY not mobile friendly. At least not with iOS. Words and buttons are completely off screen. Disaster.

It's probably just faster for you to go on and refund me for this, but if you actually support your plugin then please contact me ASAP to get this functional.
The Forum post is edited by Blaire Dec 28 '18
Blaire
Blaire Dec 26 '18

Annnd 500 error

ow_log > error.log

[Wed Dec 26 12:02:34 2018] [ow_core_log] [Notice] Message: Undefined index: match_sex File: /home/sitename/public_html/ow_plugins/memberx/classes/main_search_form.php Line:547

Daniel
Daniel Dec 27 '18

Hi My friend, i am sorry you have so many problems.  I already fix everything for you. I am very sorry about that.

1. General settings...

1.1 "Show gender and age" "Yes" 
Does not work.

>>>>Fix

1.2 "Show join date on search results" "No"

Still appears even though it clearly is set to "No"
(I cleared site cache via dev_mode -- this issue persists)

>>>>Fix

1.3 "Show last activity on search results" "Yes"
Does not work.

>>>>Fix

1.4 "Show page title" "Yes" 
No idea what this is suppose to do but no changes happen when "Yes"
???

>>>> The page title is depends on the theme. some theme does not care about the page title. Most of theme does have this. You can forget about this.

1.5 "Show age and location in results list" "Yes"
Does not work.

Does not appear on the page at all.

>>>Fix --- Show: set "Show age and location" to yes, And check "birthday" and "gender" in profile field settings.   Not show: set "Show age and location" to NO, And uncheck "birthday" and "gender" in profile field settings. 

Possible buttons section
1.6 "Wink" "Checked" 
Does not work
Though, I'm using the "Advanced Poker" plugin. Maybe this is why? Need confirmation of compatibility. I understand if there is no compatibility with other 3rd party plugins so this is a lesser worry.

>>>>This is the possible button.  it is said possible, because it depends on the wink plugin.

2. Profile Field Settings
Broken. Absolutely broken.

If I check off ANYTHING then it absolutely DESTROYS the entire Members page. Unreadable disaster.

>>>> this is because your profile question setting language has html codes. the html code broken everything. I know what you want to do, but in a normal way you should do this with css. the profile question language should not include the html codes.  <<check the attachment for more details>>

3. Search bar across the top based on your own screen shots. Does not have same functionality. I do not know why?! Yours shows that a person can search based on gender and age-range. Mine will ONLY give me the capability to search based on location. That's cool and all but, uh, what about being able to search for location, gender, and age? Why is your screen shot SO vastly different? Why are you getting more profile field options than me? Where is this suppose to be set at?

>>>>> This is because your site does not have the match_sex profile questions.

4. "Featured members" -- is is this even for? Where is this feature set? Lost. If enabled, it's just a blank section. If it has anything to do with "Highlighted Roles" then this is also broken/non-functional.

>>>>>this is depends on "Featured member" plugin.  because the memberx plugin is a member list page, show all infomation you have in your site, it does not create information nor create functions.

5. Put in a search from the top bar for 50 miles from a random postal code. Searched. 
"Join Date" appears even though I have it selected as "NO". "Show last activity on search result" does not appear even though it is set to "YES". 
So, even the actual SEARCH page isn't having the settings applied.

>>>>Join date and last activities problem are fixed. the location search is depends on the map_location plugin. if you have issues maybe you can discribe more information i will check if i can help or not.

6. Mobile.
TOTALLY not mobile friendly. At least not with iOS. Words and buttons are completely off screen. Disaster.

>>>>> Fix

Hi my friend, i am sorry again.

Attachments:
  Profile Field Settings-reason.png (38Kb)
Hookupcity.co.uk
Hookupcity.co.uk Oct 29 '21
Hello my name is THEODORE EDWARDS and I purchased the MEMBER X PLUGIN and its not working any at all my website is hookupcity.co.uk please I need it to be working. Yes I purchased it a long time ago. Please pretty please I need it to be working 
Hookupcity.co.uk
The WINK, the GIFT, and the MAIL is not working any at all and I need these to be working please. 
Hookupcity.co.uk
My business email ourdatingbusiness@gmail.com my contact 876-423-4402 
Hookupcity.co.uk
Hookupcity.co.uk Nov 1 '21
Hello why I am not hearing from you? 
You do not have permission to reply this topic