We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

To much plugins and themes that you need to pay | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
nasy
nasy Jan 22 '19
Hello guys,

This is my first posting and for first time i use pxwall.The thing is that i noticed is that to much plugins (and i mean those necessary) like plugin for sharing, don´t you thing that by default in ´posting section´ should be SHARE button?!I mean i have to pay for RSS feed plugin, xml generator?
I do´t understand if i have to pay for extra plugin for (see your followers) why than i have to pay extra for plugins ´follow, add as a friend etc.. I understand for paying plugin such as Oxwall store, but...
I have also noticed that many templates have no ´landing Page`´ demo or photo, so i had to download them all.
One more suggestion from me is, why would´t you before purchasing template or plugin, a test instalation, so that users could test before buying:?!
I just bought recipe pluging, and have little bugs, but if i now like better other?I would like to buy some of template, but i am afrid not to like so what than!?
I am now using free just for testing, but latter will buy new, but honestly with so much plugins that i need to buy...
I am not sure.
Give us a free instalation test before buying, give us 3 day using free :D 
I think is fair ;)

AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 22 '19
As a plugin developer, I would never do this because it is too easy to steal the plugin.

Sounds like you want everything for free?

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Jan 22 '19
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jan 22 '19

Riding a social network is more a matter of work and time than of money. The plugins are very cheap compared to the time they require. You have to modify and adapt them, and some will not serve you. How much is an hour worth of your work?

Fortunately you can ask and those we have bought will tell you. Do not trust the opinions of a single person or the price, there are good and bad cheap plugins and also expensive good and bad.

AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 22 '19
Well put Patricia!
JB TECH
JB TECH Jan 23 '19

We have demo pages where you can test the admin and user functionality, that should be enough.

I will personally NEVER give out the entire plugin package under the "agreement" that the client will only use it for three days.

These plugins aren't contracted work, and are started simply because we wish to make something and extend the functionality of a software. That makes the fact that there even are free plugins amazing.

-Jake

nasy
nasy Jan 23 '19
WOHEEY, you got me wrong, as any kind of developer, just as a a women who creates by her very hands simple socks, i appreciate and would not ask for free, i just added one suggestion, I mean, they are developers, meybe they could somehow give us a chance to test, or example, simple plugin, but if you want futures you can upgrade, Didn´t know that is so easy for users to steal.

I kind like developing and appriciate for sure creator of any kind, and myself want to learn of coding template and plugins.

But you can blame me for just asking, because in wordpress and other scripts is different.

And i never said that i would all for free, but for sure i want to test before buying.

I bought hosting, (which is not for free, other my domain, which is not for free) I am looking all these templates and want to buy, but there is something that i dont like, or dashboard, or is a landing page.

So many templates in wordpress you can use for free, but when you install it there is an option to upgrade to get extra futures..

Is that proposal so wrong... 

AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 23 '19
I've already had my plugins stolen and pirated, so no thanks
The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Jan 23 '19
Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Jan 23 '19
Topic was moved from General Questions.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 26 '19
it is to easy remove the license and then complaint to paypal and get you money back. there should bee a better system that protects the developers work....the license check have seriously problems and everyone who stay here for a long time knows how to remove the license, because it have been posted around the forums sometimes....

here must oxwall take a much better responsible for have developers stay and sell plugins

we can not blame this on buyers or developers it is only in the hands of oxwall team

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 26 '19
AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 26 '19
Most beg for plugins for free or at discount, which really makes it not worth it...
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 26 '19
yes,then they use the plugin on multiple sites with 1 license, plus they can demand the money back...

Quote from ViXiV Technologies Most beg for plugins for free or at discount, which really makes it not worth it...

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 26 '19
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Jan 27 '19

Now i work more often on custom oxwall projects, because are more profitable and clients appreciate my work. I sell plugins for 2 years or more and many buyers using one plugin on multiple sites and many buyers want refund/complaint to paypal not because plugin don't work, but they now dont want use it, and when they get money back, they still use plugin without license.

When you work on custom project, client pay more, but they are code owners after payment and i dont have worry about piracy my custom plugins, because client dont make plugin code to public download.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 27 '19
custom projects is high risk for buyers.....i just hire a developer for create a plugin for 400 usd and payed him 200 usd in advance.

he told me will finish plugin in 3-4 weeks

now not heard from him in 4 weeks and it was 5 weeks ago we started the project

do you guys think i will get any plugin? and how could i do a refund as a buyer when you just have a agreement on chat?

his name is Sergey Pryadkin skadate developer well known at this forum and thats why i trust him and he have done project for me before.....but this time i feel worried....maybe 200 usd not very much money for someone but for me very much money and time is money for me

wish me good luck

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 27 '19
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Jan 28 '19

Custom projects is high risk for developers too. Buyers have one advantage, they can check developer portfolio, plugin reviews, etc. Developer dont have tools to check potential buyers.

Now i have about 5 regular clients, and we have very good relationship, they appreciate my work and i get him lower prices for next work. Ok, i back to work on oxwall custom project for one of them.

Eliot More
Eliot More Jan 28 '19
Yeah, that is true
Vene Eehers
Vene Eehers Apr 3
Wow, the sheer number of plugins and themes you need to pay for can be overwhelming! It feels like just getting started with a professional coursework writing servicewebsite requires a small fortune these days. I wish there were more high-quality free options available.