We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

[SOLVED] Auto detect language (desktop + mobile) | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Matthias
Matthias Jan 26 '19

Hello,

I am trying to find a plugin that automatically detects the users language and displays the site corresponding to it. I have German and English (German is set as main language), so even when accessing the website from the USA, it still shows the German website :(

I tried to find a plugin that can do this, either by IP or browser-language. The only one I found was "locale", but this plugin interferes with my paypal plugin so I cannot use it (users cannot pay anymore via paypal if that plugin is installed).

I tried searching plugins and forums, but I cannot find a good plugin that can do this.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Matthias

The Forum post is edited by Matthias Feb 5 '19
Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Jan 26 '19
There was a plugin called "Auto language selector + Country blocker" some time ago, but it was suspended from the Store as the developer was not able to support it anymore. You can try to contact the original developer Kairat Bakitow, but you must consider to develop a new one as there isn't such plugin at the moment.
Matthias
Matthias Jan 26 '19

Thank you (Dankeschön) Oxwall Germany,

I actually own this plugin as well but had to remove it due to it causing issues on my website :(

Looks like this needs custom coding.. as long as some plugin dev does not want to take on this? Here is for hoping!

Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Jan 27 '19
Which type of problems does it cause?
Matthias
Matthias Jan 28 '19

If I remember correct it caused issues with the registration.

I just noticed that the "locale" plugin has an update waiting. I have it deactivated but maybe I will try it again and it fixed the issues.

ArtMedia
ArtMedia Jan 31 '19
i can create custom plugin for you, if you interested send me pm
Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Jan 31 '19

many plug-ins broke communication, personally I'm editing myself now. I can help you with this problem if you want to work together.

NOTE: I'm not providing help for any add-on enabled developer. I can only provide assistance to developer applications that stop communicating.

ArtMedia
ArtMedia Feb 2 '19

I create plugin which detect default language from user browser, if you added this language for your site, then plugin change default oxwall language to lang from user browser.

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1582

Matthias
Matthias Feb 2 '19

Hi ArtMedia,

great to see how you took on this quest! Awesome!

Unfortunatley it shows me that "The item was rejected" when I click your link?

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Feb 2 '19
great work again Artmedia but how to access this plugin? The link was broken i think

if you have for example china set in you browser and then your oxwall site not have that language installed, will then the plugin set the site to a default language?

i hope you understand my question

it would bee awsome if you can set what pages that will do this language check, because i have different url as landing pages plus i have one url to my pwa app as landing page

i hope this check will not slow down you site to much....

there is many different browsers for mobile phones and desktop but i know you can fix it so it works

looking forward to this plugin

nice work

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Feb 2 '19
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Feb 3 '19
"if you have for example china set in you browser and then your oxwall site not have that language installed, will then the plugin set the site to a default language?"

yes if you dont have installed language on oxwall from user browser, then oxwall display default language

plugin waiting to approve by oxwall team

Matthias
Matthias Feb 3 '19

Just been approved and I just bought it :)

I will check this on my test-environment first and let you know how it performs.

Thanks again for the quick work on this!

Matthias
Matthias Feb 5 '19

I have this plugin

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1582

running on my website now since 2 days and so far, everything works! Thanks to ArtMedia for such a fast response and development time!

[Adding Solved to thread]

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Feb 6 '19
I do not know this plugin because my website is one language but I'm sure it's excellent, ArtMedia is the best plugin developer I've met in this forum. The best. And also, it gives you free technical support, intelligent support, not that easy to "remove all the other plugins, put the default theme" and you will see how mine works and the fault of another.
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Feb 7 '19
Thanks, this nice if somebody appreciate your work. Now i have dispute with other oxwall user, who violate OSCL, and i have short time, where i think about quit and abandone oxwall, so i appreciate this words Patricia and Matthias ;)
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Feb 8 '19

I upgraded plugin and now users can select default language on user preferences. Thanks this solution, they havent change language after 30 days, when cookie is  expired ;)

More https://developers.oxwall.com/...m/topic/63755?page=1

gami
gami Feb 8 '19
i have to agree with you, ArtMedia makes really great plugins :-). the support is great and fast :-) i like plugins which doesn't fit very fast an update will be released very soon
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Feb 8 '19
Great developer and awsome support. he make oxwall a big boost with all plugins that he share in the store.
AppXprt
AppXprt Feb 8 '19
Agreed, great developer!
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Feb 12 '19
Thanks for this nice words, more plugins is coming ;)
Pages: 1 2 »