We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Skype | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Rob
Rob Feb 15 '19

Hello developers,

Is it possible to create a profile question in which the members can enter their skype address, after which their profile contains a link which the visitor of that profile can go directly to their own skype app and start a conversation with the holder of the visited profile.

So actually a fill in link to start a skype call outside the website.

Rob
Rob Feb 15 '19

We already saw this plugin, but we believe it is to get in touch with the Admin.

We see no possibility that the members themselves can fill in this information on their profile.

But, maybe we see it wrong.!

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Feb 15 '19
Beware that plugin is very old and does not have developer support. He already has complaints from years ago without answering.

I do not understand what interest you may have that they are going to talk about other websites or applications or services, I think the goal of an OxWall network is for members to use it. If only to talk privately, but enter each day.

Rob
Rob Feb 15 '19

Our thoughts are based on the fact that members must have the opportunity to talk to each other via skype.

Really a good chat plugin where video has the upper hand we can not find directly in the store here.

Apart from the fact that Skalfa has a plugin "Video Instant Messenger".

Skype still has the reputation that it works very well.

And if a member can be connected directly via their profile with the skype software by filling in their own skype address (via profile questions), then that has our preference and also our members.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Feb 15 '19
i must agree with patricia....always try keep them stay on you own website and apps.

but if you really need such plugin then i feel this skype contact info should only bee visible for payed members. if not you will not have any long stayers on your site. but maybe you just want use you site for short stayers and transfer them to other chat software.

like a affiliate site...but you get not payed for send them to skype all the time ....and your seo will affected probably ...

anyways go for the business plan you was think to create i just give my opinion, nothing else...

Ow-ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Feb 15 '19
Sumate
Sumate Feb 15 '19
I could make a plugin where users can add their skype address, but I think it will be easier for you to do it yourself through profile questions, select URL option and go!
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Feb 16 '19
i want plugin that you can make make profile question visible for payed members only.

you can pick any profile question you created and make it only visible for payed members.

then you have option add many custom profile questions that will force people upgrade for see what members answered to them :)

would bee awsome

some developer willing can create it

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Feb 16 '19
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Feb 16 '19

The internal mechanics of OxWall are based on "events", that when an activity occurs ("see a profile", "upload a photo", "comment on X", etc) an "event" is generated with the information of the event .

A plugin can access these events and do something with those that interest you, such as preventing viewing a profile, for example.

There is no event that is generated when a specific field of the profile is displayed. Modifying the OxWall core would be possible, but it would be too many events and it would hurt the speed a lot.

It would only be possible by modifying the page "see a profile" by unfolding it in two and showing the complete or the simplified according to the roles. This involves modifying the OxWall kernel and also a plugin where you can assign which fields are displayed or not in the simplified view. 

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Feb 16 '19
i do not know if you talk about profile question field and the profile questions answers. many plugins already in the store have already solved to hide some profile questions for free members and only payed members can see them. 

it would bee nice if one plugin could make so you can pick any custom question bee visible or not visible for free members...i think no rocket science for a skilled php developer....

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Feb 16 '19
Rob
Rob Feb 16 '19

It would also be great if the future members have the possibility to choose between a free or paid membership during registration.

And that the choice for paid, immediately after the E-mail verification verification continues to the payment.

ArtMedia
ArtMedia Mar 18 '19

Quote from OW-Ghost i do not know if you talk about profile question field and the profile questions answers. many plugins already in the store have already solved to hide some profile questions for free members and only payed members can see them. 

it would bee nice if one plugin could make so you can pick any custom question bee visible or not visible for free members...i think no rocket science for a skilled php developer....

i created that plugin here ;)

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1597

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 18 '19
the plugin works perfect and i know possible to make it :)
Rob
Rob Mar 19 '19

We ourselves have discovered that the profile holder should have an invitation link to and from skype on their profile so that the visitor makes a connection with his own skype to the profile holder's address.

The link should be

https://join.skype.com/invite/****code****

Yes, of course, it would be better if there was a really good video chat plugin within the store.We think there is only 1 real plugin that would be good, but you hardly hear anything from the developer and the reviews aren't that good either.It should be possible to create such a plugin.?But we are not developers, so we cannot judge that either.!It should be a plugin that is not a referral to a chat box website but just self-reliant on the website and especially smartphone friendly.