We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Changing Account Type | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Purusothaman Ramanujam
How can an Admin change the account type of the user?

I could not see any options to change the account type that an user has selected.

PS: This is about account type and not account user role.
Pete
Pete Oct 28 '12
I dont think you can do that only change the members user role ,maybe it would be a good idea if peope could upgrade there account for a payment or whatever.Maybe good idea for a mod
Alia Team
Alia Oct 29 '12
Pete is right, currently there isn't any options to change the account type.
Great suggestion though. Consider posting it at http://oxwall.uservoice.com/forums/13756-ideas-for-oxwall .
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thanks mates for the reply.
gsn enter
gsn enter May 11 '14
Folks - Any luck on this ? Can I change my users account type ?
ross Team
ross May 11 '14
No unfortunately you still can't. 
Shaun
Shaun Jun 21 '14
It can be be done because i did it on an old site of mine a few years ago.

here are the instructions I used to do it.

"@SHaun,
 Say you have 3 account types.  Red, Blue and yellow.
Create a new user called reduser and make him a red account type, same for the blueuser and yellowuser.
Once you have created these accounts open up phpmyadmin (or however you can to see your database)

Look in the table ow_base_user
Near the end you will see the 3 accounts you created, reduser, blueuser and yellowuser.
In each line you see at the end the account type and a big long number.  Each number represents the account type which will be different for red, blue and yellow.
All you need to do is to take a note of the number of the account you want, copy the big number and paste it into the account type area of the user you want to change account types for.

***BACKUP your site and database before you do any work on it.***"

Here is a Link to the original post. CLICK HERE
The Forum post is edited by Shaun Jun 21 '14