We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

cron job | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
idea
idea Nov 8 '10
Dear,

Addenster can you please write and provide here correct tags for me..
Den Team
Den Nov 9 '10
Sure, I attached correct run.txt file here.
Note: rename it to run.php
Attachments:
  run.txt (3.42Kb)
idea
idea Nov 9 '10
Dear Addenster,

thank you
please check if its correct now..

idea
idea Nov 9 '10
Dear Add,

Thank You ... :)
it's working now{mass mail} and think the "online" issue is also solved...
Den Team
Den Nov 9 '10
Happy to know that you are Ok :)
Den Team
Den Nov 9 '10
By the way, the same troubles you can get if you modify your PHP file via Web interface. Try to edit it via FTP client (Filezilla for exam)
Juan
Juan Nov 15 '10
Try: php -q /home/username/public_html/ow_cron/run.php
Ivan
Ivan Nov 17 '10
Hello. I think I can help on this instance. I use BlueHost as well. Here is an image of what it should look like (attached). Particular attention should be with "/ramdisk/bin/php5" (very important):

/ramdisk/bin/php5 /home7/iamforei/public_html/ow_cron/run.php

Hope this helps!
Attachments:
  BlueHost Cron Job.png (7.36Kb)
Den Team
Den Nov 18 '10
Topic was moved from Core.
Aboral
Aboral Nov 30 '10
I am getting the following email

Cron php /public_html/social/ow_cron/run.php

X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.10
Content-type: text/html

No input file specified.

What happens?
Inga
Inga Dec 1 '10
Can You please help me? When cron runs I receive this:

/usr/bin/php -q /home/gptcommy/public_html/connect/ow_cron/run.php

No input file specified.

Did I set up Cron in wrong way?? I have installed community site as subfolder in main directory/site (ex: mysite.com/connect)
The Forum post is edited by Inga Dec 1 '10
Den Team
Den Dec 3 '10
Quote from Aboral

No input file specified.

This error means that this path is incorrect:

/home/gptcommy/public_html/connect/ow_cron/run.php

Please, check that path to cron file ow_cron/run.php is correct
Alan
Alan Nov 8 '11
Ok now I'm REALLY confused because I HAVE cron running and it seems to do what it's supposed to do and with no apparent errors BUT exactly what is it supposed to be doing??????

I am using nncron so I keep seeing glimpses of a dos box opening and closing every minute so therefore nncron is doing what it's supposed to do.

I can only assume that cron would refresh everything? If so then it's not doing absolutely anything to my site? I have been sat on one page waiting for the minutes to update but nothing seems to update? I test it by writing a comment then sitting on the page but it doesn't refresh and I am told that the comment was written "just under a minute ago" albeit ten minutes have passed?

If anybody else is using nncron successfully then can they tell me if this is correct? Here is my nncron.tab

#CRONTAB FILE 
# Classic crontab format:
# Minutes Hours Days Months WeekDays Years Command
# see 'example.tab'
#( purge-cron-log   
     Time: 0 12 * * 5 *   
     Action: PURGE-OLD: "log\*.log" 7
)#
#( Run_a_phpRule: FILE-EXIST: "C:\xampp\htdocs\Mysite\ow_cron\run.php" 
Action:
START-APP: C:\program.exe C:\xampp\htdocs\Mysite\ow_cron\run.php
BEGIN59000
PAUSE
AGAIN
)#
The Forum post is edited by Alan Nov 8 '11
Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 8 '11
You page wont refresh if you dont physically refresh. The cron sends out emails and logs users out after X minutes of inactivity, etc. You wont sit on a page and it just update your times etc.
Alan
Alan Nov 8 '11
Oh so it doesn't update the time that the comment was added automatically like facebook does? 
Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 8 '11
I am not sure i don't have Facebook but it will not dynamically change the time using ajax or anything it would update if you navigated to another page and back or just hit refresh.

Technically it is updating all the time as time goes by but to see it you would need to reload the page.
The Forum post is edited by Keelan Nov 8 '11
Alan
Alan Nov 8 '11
Awwww I guess it could be an idea for the future? 
Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 9 '11
Possible:

http://oxwall.uservoice.com/forums/13756-suggest-ideas
Alan
Alan Nov 9 '11
This is for people whom are struggling with xampp/windows and nncron, lot of people struggling with settings etc. 

The Forum post is edited by Alan Nov 9 '11
Alan
Alan Nov 9 '11
Once you have the settings you will probably need to restart nncron for it to activate/work to which you then go into the options area of nncron as described by the picture above and you will need to change only one setting in the options screen, once set to hidden click ok and you are done. Just right click on nncron to where you see options again and then click "Start Task" and you will see "run_a_php" click that and you're all finished.

The Forum post is edited by Alan Nov 9 '11
Pages: « 1 2 3 »