We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Plugin Not Provided After Purchase..? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Blaire
Blaire Mar 5 '19
This is weird. I bought a code for the plugin Reminder Notifications and it was not applied to my account My Purchases section. I can't download the plugin even though I bought it.

When I log into my PayPal account I do see that the money was taken.

What am I suppose to do now?
Sumate
Sumate Mar 5 '19
This seems to be an error of oxwall, it is happening to my clients, the first thing is to try to communicate with the developer, if it does not respond then you can open a dispute in paypal, if the author does not respond to the dispute they will refund your money....
Rob
Rob Mar 6 '19
In our opinion, Purusothaman Ramanujam is no longer active here in the store, so you probably will not have to expect support for its plugins either.
Morena Milani
Morena Milani Mar 6 '19
Quote from Rob In our opinion, Purusothaman Ramanujam is no longer active here in the store, so you probably will not have to expect support for its plugins either.
From my device I saw that it is no longer active since May 2017, as Aron. You should do a post with the developers no longer available, for those who proceed with purchases. 
Blaire
Blaire Mar 6 '19
I understand very well that Puru takes long absences and actually may never return. There are a number of plugins I've purchased from him though. His work is not entirely bad or unusable. Sometimes even if the plugins he created are severely flawed I'm able to get them functioning to as I need. So, it isn't necessarily a dead or outright bad purchase, but it is just risky in that I know I won't likely get support if I can't get it working as I need. I was willing to take that risk.

It's just odd that I had never made a purchase from the Oxwall store and not automatically received the plugin download...until now. I've purchased well over 50 plugins and this is a first time situation.
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Mar 7 '19
write to oxwall germany if he can help you, he probably now manage oxwall store
Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Mar 7 '19

Hi all,

We performed some tests some days ago and no issues were encountered. In the tests we made, the licenses were assigned without problems.

As already explained in the forum, you need to activate USD as currency or you need to enable the automatic transfer from USD to your favourite currency in PayPal account.

Blaire
Blaire Mar 7 '19

Quote from Oxwall Germany

Hi all,

We performed some tests some days ago and no issues were encountered. In the tests we made, the licenses were assigned without problems.

As already explained in the forum, you need to activate USD as currency or you need to enable the automatic transfer from USD to your favourite currency in PayPal account.

I very much understand that the store works with USD. I am in the United States and only use USD currency. This has never been a problem for me.

I can show you a screenshot right now in my PayPal account. $15 USD definitely was taken out on March 05, 2019 (about 15 minutes or so before I posted this, as I recall). I can show you screen shot right now that the My Purchases portion of Oxwall Store here did not give me the plugin I purchased on March 05, 2019. I still have not been issued that plugin, and have reached out through PayPal to ask for a refund or the plugin to be issued to my Oxwall account here (I have not made a claim to PayPal yet though).

What is extra odd though is that when I look at the transaction in PayPal it does not show that I paid Puru the $15. It, weirdly enough, says that I paid Sergey Pryadkin. I'm not new to Oxwall and I've made over 60 plugin purchases here. I believe Sergey Pryadkin is a different person than Purusothaman Ramanujam.

Before March 05, 2019 when I made this purchase I had made a purchase on February 22, 2019. That transaction had no problems.

Something is wrong.

Just because you did not have an error when you did a test does not mean there cannot be an error that sometimes occurs. I have bought many, many, many plugins through the Oxwall Store and this is the first problem I have had.

The Forum post is edited by Blaire Mar 8 '19
gami
gami Mar 7 '19

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.... 

so it's not USD.... 

The Forum post is edited by gami Mar 7 '19
Attachments:
  oxwall MY PURCHASES.png (68Kb)
  pay.png (92Kb)
Rob
Rob Mar 8 '19

We are not sure, but the plugin is from Purusothaman Ramanujam.!

On the purchase is the name of Sergey Pryadkin, which according to this plugin is not the developer.

So this developer can not assign the plugin to you anyway.

Maybe we see it wrong.?

Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Mar 8 '19

Quote from Blaire 

I very much understand that the store works with USD. I am in the United States and only use USD currency. This has never been a problem for me.

The mentioned settings need to be set in the vendor's account. The currency in the buyer's account doesn't matter.
gami
gami Mar 8 '19
we would like to know now how to get to the plugin... and not dollar here and dollar there. thank you
The Forum post is edited by gami Mar 8 '19
Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Mar 8 '19
As Sumate already wrote:
Quote from Sumate the first thing is to try to communicate with the developer, if it does not respond then you can open a dispute in paypal, if the author does not respond to the dispute they will refund your money....
Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Mar 8 '19

Please contact the seller before purchasing a product from the Store.

Some developers in the Oxwall store are no longer responding.

You can communicate with PM for minor problems.

NOTE: 3.Party grants for add-on add-ons apply only to minor issues. For bigger problems and requests, please consider purchasing a developer.

Appendix: Developer issues address problems for the products. Applies to older oxwall users who purchase derelict store products. Please contact the seller prior to purchase. This help is only for problems that are not helped by the owners.

Blaire
Blaire Mar 9 '19

I understand that Purusothaman Ramanujam may never return, and that's why I said that I understood that the purchase may not receive developer support but that I was willing to take that risk at the time.

I also understand that maybe he needs to correct his PayPal currency to be able to accept USD properly. I assume this is a new thing that PayPal is forcing since I have purchased many plugins from that developer, well after he had gone inactive.

What I don't understand is why the Oxwall Store is taking the money I paid for one plugin from one developer and just handing it off to another developer and expecting that I think this will be acceptable.

Why is Sergey Pryadkin receiving my money? Why would that be set up? Why is he filtering the sales from inactive developers to him, knowing that they are inactive and probably will not realize they should have received money for their previous work?

If it's because he is suppose to be in charge of issuing these plugins from inactive developers then why has he not issued me the plugin I purchased and also has NOT responded to me through PayPal, forcing me into making a claim?

What is going on?
If the sale cannot be made then the transaction should not go through. The Oxwall Store should not be taking my money and handing it to someone else. That is deceptive and, dare I say, illegal in most locations. I do not know where the Oxwall business itself is based, but I know that the domain is registered and hosted in the United States--where this type of behavior is illegal and would set a business up for lawsuits. This is really a serious situation. I should not have to reach out to Sergey Pryadkin and beg for money that I did not want to send him and that, frankly, he did not deserve to receive.

This is VERY BAD for Oxwall to knowingly allow to happen. This is a reason why people will feel Oxwall is not trustworthy or safe. Even now I am reconsidering my choice to use this software if I am at risk of not receiving code that I purchase.
gami
gami Mar 9 '19

Quote from Blaire

I understand that Purusothaman Ramanujam may never return, and that's why I said that I understood that the purchase may not receive developer support but that I was willing to take that risk at the time.

I also understand that maybe he needs to correct his PayPal currency to be able to accept USD properly. I assume this is a new thing that PayPal is forcing since I have purchased many plugins from that developer, well after he had gone inactive.

What I don't understand is why the Oxwall Store is taking the money I paid for one plugin from one developer and just handing it off to another developer and expecting that I think this will be acceptable.

Why is Sergey Pryadkin receiving my money? Why would that be set up? Why is he filtering the sales from inactive developers to him, knowing that they are inactive and probably will not realize they should have received money for their previous work?

If it's because he is suppose to be in charge of issuing these plugins from inactive developers then why has he not issued me the plugin I purchased and also has NOT responded to me through PayPal, forcing me into making a claim?

What is going on?
If the sale cannot be made then the transaction should not go through. The Oxwall Store should not be taking my money and handing it to someone else. That is deceptive and, dare I say, illegal in most locations. I do not know where the Oxwall business itself is based, but I know that the domain is registered and hosted in the United States--where this type of behavior is illegal and would set a business up for lawsuits. This is really a serious situation. I should not have to reach out to Sergey Pryadkin and beg for money that I did not want to send him and that, frankly, he did not deserve to receive.

This is VERY BAD for Oxwall to knowingly allow to happen. This is a reason why people will feel Oxwall is not trustworthy or safe. Even now I am reconsidering my choice to use this software if I am at risk of not receiving code that I purchase.
Blaire, I must agree with you completely. Thank you for your info. It's really a lot of money if someone else gets the money, who doesn't even answer and oxwall doesn't intervene.!!!!
I must also say the support from oxwall has become very very very bad. There are developers who help more than the oxwall support. 
At the moment I notice that really only one VERY ACTIVE IS HERE, Oxwall Germany. Help? well not really. Describing problems, specifying exactly, hello if you know your way around, I wouldn't ask. 
It's just moved to another area and that's it.
Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Mar 9 '19
We already investigate in this topic.
gami
gami Mar 9 '19
Well, now I'm curious what comes out
Rob
Rob Mar 9 '19

Sergey Pryadkin, it looks like (on linkedin) he is working for Skalfa.?

Morena Milani
Morena Milani Mar 9 '19
Quote from Rob

Sergey Pryadkin, it looks like (on linkedin) he is working for Skalfa.?

Yes, I just consulted LinkedIn works for Skadate since 2015 
Pages: 1 2 »