We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Paid membership | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Rob
Rob Mar 16 '19

A perhaps obvious question.!

Why can't an option be made or perhaps a plugin for it, to allow new members to choose for a paid or free membership after verifying their E-mail address BEFORE they start using the website.?

Of course the plugin for paid membership can play a role in this.!

In short, do not let them use the website and then offer the choice, but give a choice immediately.!

Admiraliteit Imedia

ArtMedia
ArtMedia Mar 17 '19
i slowly working on my own membership plugin and want add something simmilar to my plugin
Rob
Rob Mar 17 '19

That would be immensely perfect.!

This was just an idea of us, because we have more ideas about becoming a member of a website where, of course a paid membership is an important issue, but also the verification of the future member.!

Nowadays, verification is highly necessary because of the many fake profiles.

Admiraliteit Imedia

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 17 '19
verification is problem because there is no plugin that support all 5 platforms that i have access to....so i decide remove verification because standard email verification is a BIG joke and you only think you have sorted out garbage emails but you not have. you are the step behind smart members totally
Rob
Rob Mar 17 '19

We do not mean the E-mail verification which we do use because it makes communication with the members a bit easier, but we are thinking of verification by means of a photo with associated code or hand gesture.

We know that two plugins are already available for this photo verification, but unfortunately these are not perfect.

According to us (and here in the Netherlands people prefer a really secure website), it should be like this:

1 - completing the registration form

2 - a verification of the used E-mail address

3 - verification by means of a photo

4 - the choice for a membership

All this before they start using the website.

If they have gone through everything, then they don't have to worry about anything.

Admiraliteit Imedia

ArtMedia
ArtMedia Mar 17 '19
I want add selectbox where you can select membership on registration page, after registration complete if you select paid membership, then you will be redirect to payment page, when you pay, membership will be added, if you cancel payment, then user get free membership (default user role)
Rob
Rob Mar 17 '19

That would be a good option yes, if a photo verification could also be added, it could be perfect LOL.

Because in our case, a photo verification gives a bit more options within the website than a free membership witout a photo verification and a paid membership after the verification, gives the member all the options.

So everything in just a few steps, so that the person behind the profile is actually the person on the avatar plus a direct paid membership which, of course, should be the intention, we think.

We hope that we have explained it well what our thoughts would be.Whether this is possible, we do not know that of course.

Admiraliteit Imedia

ArtMedia
ArtMedia Mar 17 '19
but this other plugin dont associated with membership plugin, maybe i develop this plugin in future
Rob
Rob Mar 17 '19

True, we know that these 2 plugins are not perfect and do not really connect within the entire system.

That is why we also think about including such an option in your plugin.?

But it must of course all be possible.

We understand that we have many questions, but it would be an asset to the many Oxwall websites.?

With regards,

Admiraliteit Imedia

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 17 '19
replace email verification with video verification.....hmmm ...maybe possible because text is there , code is there.....i need thinking about this....and it would support all platforms if just modify text and add other email content....hmm....but the video upload is maybe the problem....because then you need create a new page for this....interesting....i will try solve this with no need create new upload page for admin....how about external upload page ....hmmm....interesting...possible solve Artmedia ? i know can bee solved same as many other have done already with create this upload page in the oxwall desktop software for admin check photos or videos but is there other ways?

"store videos for review" by admin in a external link site would solve this issue :) and you would save cpu and speed on your own website and apps

Then need remake text for email verification to fit this video verification and external video upload....interesting indeed :)

At least something to start with 

smaller better modifications can easily add or make to the idea

someone willing take on this project? i think would bee awsome! and add option photo or video verification two in one , you pick what you feel best for your site

and the email verification already have built in approval system that tells people wait for get approved :)

wow awsome...i feel just now smaller text modifications and find external storage website for videos and notify that someone upload a video to that storage :)

and acctually they email will bee verified to becasue they have already read the upload video instructions that means they email is real :)

so this plugin would working for both email verification and video or photo verification :) 

instead the oxwall software recieves the code they will send it in a photo or video on they body :)

and it is possible have a upload page internal for this just for admin no need external video upload if not want that

need to shorten down this idea later ....i was just thinking and write the same time :)

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Mar 17 '19
AppXprt
AppXprt Mar 17 '19
I would love to help with this ArtMedia, I believe the community would significantly benefit from a well integrated membership plugin.
Rob
Rob Mar 18 '19

Look, that's the idea we think behind a community what we thought oxwall is.

Working together to achieve something big.!

gami
gami Apr 2 '19

Quote from ArtMedia plugin is slowly created, some screens

artmedia, you're the big one :-) great, thanks for the modern membership plugin :-) 

which should also not be missing for promotions / special prices at certain times, a voucher query, a code that can be determined, and is entered upon payment. e.g. easter2019 ect...

Rob
Rob Apr 3 '19
Perfect Art Media, this first impression looks amazing.

We are very curious about the end result.

Admiraliteit Imedia

AppXprt
AppXprt Apr 3 '19
Awesome! I need this for sure! How much is this going to be?
The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Apr 3 '19
AppXprt
AppXprt Apr 3 '19
Any ETA on this or price?
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 3 '19
is this synced with old membership plugin? if not, it will not support my native mobile apps :/
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Apr 4 '19

Quote from OW-Ghost is this synced with old membership plugin? if not, it will not support my native mobile apps :/

skalfa only support their membersip plugin, they dont create universal mechanism to using other membersip/credits etc plugins.

i want create own pwa app, which will be support all my plugins, but this is huge project

Quote from Rob

Why can't an option be made or perhaps a plugin for it, to allow new members to choose for a paid or free membership after verifying their E-mail address BEFORE they start using the website.?

see screens, you can see proces select membership on registration process, after complete registration you are redirected on payment page
Quote from ViXiV Technologies Any ETA on this or price?

this month, 70-100$
The Forum post is edited by ArtMedia Apr 4 '19
AppXprt
AppXprt Apr 4 '19
We can work together on adding support for all your plugins to all of my PWA / Hybrid App plugins if you're interested...

I would grant you access to them, just let me know.

PWA is a big undertaking, but I do already have them available and have some updates to them I will be releasing soon.

Either way, I will need this membership plugin and it looks like you have done a great job on it!

Pages: 1 2 »