We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Users login complaint | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Richard Lee
Richard Lee Oct 30 '12
I've had a couple of users complain about having to login to my site every time they visit, even if they check 'remember me'.

Quote from user: 

I have to sign practically every time visit (even if i leave my browser open on my phone, when I come back I have to sign in again), to the point it puts me off visitng the site sometimes just because. Not helped that I use 4 different devices & 3 browsers. Not every browser seems to remember and apply the login automatically

I'm new to all this but from reading the forums I think it's something to do with my Cron Job logging people out after 30 minutes.
Would it be possible (or advisable) to change the 30 minute value to a larger value? Say 4 hours.
I realize this will give me slightly out timings on the 'Online now' activity but I think thats something I can live with.
I think I've found the right place to edit this (although I could be well off the mark!)

ow_system_plugins/base/bol/user_service.php

Am I in the right place?

Should this be something I'm doing?

Is my users '3 different browser' issue just something he's gonna have to live with?

Not sure how to proceed - any help appreciated!

Cheers

Richard

The Forum post is edited by Richard Lee Oct 30 '12
JB TECH
JB TECH Oct 30 '12
One of my members are having a problem when everytime they go to a different page on my site, it keeps logging them off.
Alia Team
Alia Oct 31 '12
Seems like it is a cookie problem. Can you ask clients who have faced this issue to turn cookies  in the browsers which are loging them off?
Jose
Jose Feb 7 '13
Hi,

How did this get solved???   I am running 1.5.1 and I have the same issue.  The users have to keep logging in even when they check remember me.

Thanks,

Jose

Alia Team
Alia Feb 8 '13
Jose, this was not resolved.

I suggest increasing cookie lifetime on the server side.
Jose
Jose Feb 8 '13
OK. Thank you again!