We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How Do You Hide Age On Profile Header? | Forum

Mark
Mark May 3 '19

Quote from Patricia Zorrilla Bcn

What I wanted is that EVERY user could show this information or not according to "preferences".

I did it in a couple of hours but I should have lost interest ...

I was providing some passwords that were not valid, I was slow in answering the messages and in the end I closed the FTP half transfer files.

It made me lose a full day and at the end of this work nobody takes advantage.

I was more than willing to pay you for your work and have you complete the update that you offered... I found the settings to change the display of the age, but I also wanted the option for the users to hide their age in case we switched the display field back.

I told you a few times to continue the modifications and as soon as you were done, I would open the FTP back up.. I am sorry that you feel as though I wasted your time, even after telling you several times through messages to continue the development and I would pay the agreed amount that was discussed..  I am still very much interested in this option

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla May 3 '19

I am sure that if you had hired a professional developer of those around here, I would have asked you for a prepayment for the work.

As you would have paid, you would have given him all kinds of facilities.

I already gave you all the clues to do it for you, for free, but you asked me to do it and I asked for 30 USD when I finished for a job that only serves you and that requires several hours without counting times in backup copies that always I do and I do not count because I make them with another PC, an old one but that still serves as a data warehouse.

The mistake has been mine to trust you and to make these modifications for you while you did not put interest and the hours were happening. Blocking my half-working passwords bothered me a lot.

I have made the modifications and you can try them on my testsite that I prepared for you with them.

If you are interested, then you enter 30 USD for PayPal in admin@somoscd.es and I send you the only two PHP files that vary, you'll see that as comments I'll put what you do and why each line that I added. You only have to replace those two files with the ones you currently have, put the web in DEBUG mode, visit the Privacy page, remove the DEBUG mode (this is explained by the OxWall documentation) and it will be operational.

The modification is that the Cover plugin requests permission via an event to Privacy to show this data and that Privacy has an answer for this query. All under the rules and style of OxWall so it is compatible with all other plugins and browsers.

I'm not going to do the installation or backup, I think there are too many hours with this issue and I have not seen any dollar yet.

The Forum post is edited by Patricia Zorrilla May 3 '19
Mark
Mark May 3 '19

I am sure that if you had hired a professional developer of those around here, I would have asked you for a prepayment for the work.

As you would have paid, you would have given him all kinds of facilities.

I already gave you all the clues to do it for you, for free, but you asked me to do it and I asked for 30 USD when I finished for a job that only serves you and that requires several hours without counting times in backup copies that always I do and I do not count because I make them with another PC, an old one but that still serves as a data warehouse.

The mistake has been mine to trust you and to make these modifications for you while you did not put interest and the hours were happening. Blocking my half-working passwords bothered me a lot.

I have made the modifications and you can try them on my testsite that I prepared for you with them.

If you are interested, then you enter 30 USD for PayPal in admin@somoscd.es and I send you the only two PHP files that vary, you'll see that as comments I'll put what you do and why each line that I added. You only have to replace those two files with the ones you currently have, put the web in DEBUG mode, visit the Privacy page, remove the DEBUG mode (this is explained by the OxWall documentation) and it will be operational.

The modification is that the Cover plugin requests permission via an event to Privacy to show this data and that Privacy has an answer for this query. All under the rules and style of OxWall so it is compatible with all other plugins and browsers.

I'm not going to do the installation or backup, I think there are too many hours with this issue and I have not seen any dollar yet.

Payment Sent :)
Attachments:
  code_mod_payemnt.png (21Kb)
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla May 3 '19

He has sent me the money and I have sent him the two files full of comments of each line that I have edited.

There are not many lines of code but you have to know which ones.

Mark has ideas for new plugins and that does interest me. I think there are many plugins in the store, but some without support, others very expensive, others too generic ... There is still room for new ideas.

I hope Mark is happy.

Mark
Mark May 3 '19

He has sent me the money and I have sent him the two files full of comments of each line that I have edited.

There are not many lines of code but you have to know which ones.

Mark has ideas for new plugins and that does interest me. I think there are many plugins in the store, but some without support, others very expensive, others too generic ... There is still room for new ideas.

I hope Mark is happy.

Very Happy!!! and I hope that we can collaborate about some additional work and plugins
Pages: « 1 2