We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Feature Request - Support Center | Forum

Catkin
Catkin May 2 '19
Would be interested to see these implemented!

- Bug with reloading the page causes the last ticket update to be sent again.
- Condense all the styles into one CSS sheet (I can help you with this)
- Add a special FaQ page for people to edit on the admin site with a drop down accordion style (https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_js_accordion.asp)

- Add the ability for users to fill in request forms to submit tickets. Questions customisable on the admin page.

JB TECH
JB TECH May 3 '19

Hi Jamie, thanks for the post.

I recall your bug report from an earlier post on the forum, and just so you know this is being investigated, same goes for the CSS. I will work on adding all the page styles to one file, I just used it in a way that worked for the time being but I understand the need for some customers to want to customize layouts/code/etc.

-F.A.Q: good suggestion, I actually have been thinking about this one myself for a while and didn't know if it would be a desirable feature or not. My only problem is there are a couple FAQ plugins already active on the store, but I might still consider adding it in a future build.

-Could you elaborate on what you mean? I get the customizable questions bit, but not so certain on what you mean by request forms to submit tickets.

Thanks!

Catkin
Catkin May 3 '19

Hi Jake.

Highly appreciated that you got back! I am glad to hear that, that issue is being investigated. May take some time considering its very likely to be PHP, and PHP just is a pain!

Please don't hesitate giving me a shout if you do want a hand with that CSS stuff. I would appreciate being able to support this plugin.

I get that there is indeed some powerful FaQ plugins on the site. but it would be much more preferable to have this all bundled in one plugin. It makes it easy to find all the information for the site users and means less conflicts between design choices and plugins.

As for the the form requests idea. As an example on our site we allow users to submit tickets to get their account type changed. It would be helpful and more streamlined if it where possable to create request forms with dropdown sections and text boxs that can be submitted. Hope that makes more sence? 

Another idea I had while writing this is if there where a wiget that could be placed in the users dashboard or account screen showing the progress or updates.

another bug I also remember is that when a ticket is updated there is no picture to go with it in the notification area by the bell.

I really do enjoy your plugin and its a very valuble feture to have on our site! Thanks again.

JB TECH
JB TECH May 4 '19

Hi,

The bugs will be looked at in upcoming future builds.

Re the custom forms: this would be an interesting take, but it would definitely take some time to iron it out for a final build. I'll be looking into trying to make something and test it personally, and see if it fits well.

Since the FAQ seems like a good idea, I'll put it on the roadmap and try to fit it in a future release somewhere down the line.

Of course, the current priority for Support Center (keep up with the Roadmap thread) is to fine-tune the current system, fix the bugs, and extend functionality.

Thanks for your time.

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jan 12 '20

Please include a column with the username !!!!

I have many tickets a day and some users send several tickets for the same problem.

Perhaps you could delete the "department" column when there is only one, it would only be to pass a variable to Smarty with how many departments are defined in settings and not show the column if it is only one.

The Forum post is edited by Patricia Zorrilla Jan 12 '20
You do not have permission to reply this topic