We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Max Upload for Store Item | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
AppXprt
AppXprt May 9 '19
Does anyone know the max upload size for a store item?

The version of OxHybrid in the store right now is like 89 Mb, but the new version adding iOS support is 117.4 Mb.

This is apparently too large for the store, I've sent an email and some messages, but I'm rather impatient and would like to get this version in the store as quickly as possible.

Knowing the max size, I could try to slim down until I was able to upload. Honestly, I would prefer to not touch this after it is so stable though...

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt May 9 '19
AppXprt
AppXprt May 9 '19
I'm guessing it's 100 MB...
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla May 10 '19
Share it in several .ZIP, you can put several and one as "MAIN", the rest come out as "Other downloads"

AppXprt
AppXprt May 10 '19
Hmmm so when you split them, does it install as one single zip?
How exactly does this work... I'm familiar with splitting rar's.
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla May 10 '19
The ZIP of a plugin contains a tree of folders, create several trees that have a similar size and make several .ZIP. Include a TXT with the installation instructions and make sure the MAIN zip does not break the web if it is installed without reading the instructions ... Users do not read, but their plugins are not for novices either, so they will understand the OxWall instructions for install a plugin manually. The only change is that there are several ZIP and not just one