We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Isauthenticated function | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Marcus
Marcus May 24 '19
Does this sound right. The users are getting affected case some tables not used by the guests are busy case they are being executed too often by the pings.
The Forum post is edited by Marcus May 24 '19
Marcus
Marcus May 24 '19
If im not mistaking it pings every second right? How to descrease that frequency? What file to edit ping.php
The Forum post is edited by Marcus May 24 '19
dave Leader
dave May 24 '19
Do you have the messages plugin?   

dave Leader
dave May 24 '19
Maybe that was new for 1.8.4      I dont know how to decrease it, i never looked at it before.  Activity is being listened to by users, i would guess that logged in users get more active listening than guests because more event hooks are available to logged in users. 
The Forum post is edited by dave May 24 '19
Marcus
Marcus May 24 '19
Thanks Dave my site only pings maybe once every 10 sec by base index ping. FireBug -> Network
dave Leader
dave May 24 '19
Sorry about that i totally forgot that console can see the ping, i have not used that feature in so very long i totally forgot about it... again sorry. 
dave Leader
dave May 24 '19
maybe you can ask your host to see if there are any jobs running in the background that maybe should not be, that would mean that when resources are needed like user logins and active member resources that it bogs down.   
Marcus
Marcus May 25 '19
No problem dave thanks fir everything
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 26 '19
try update smarty to latest version and update php to 7.3....it was lower cpu and ram usage on my server a lot. not ask me why ...but it did ....my cpu and ram spikes was almost go away...
The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost May 26 '19
Marcus
Marcus May 26 '19
Thunk yo all. Gonna try your tip. I got 2cpus and 4gb of ram. Specs alway in green. It could be cache.
The Forum post is edited by Marcus May 26 '19
Marcus
Marcus May 26 '19
Sorry for such a stupic question but how you update smarty whts the right way?
The Forum post is edited by Marcus May 26 '19
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 26 '19
You can find how to upgrade smarty in this topic:

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/63828?page=1

Marcus
Marcus May 26 '19
Just to be clear. I download the latest release, unzip it all into the oxwall smarty folder. Then upgrade to php 7.2.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 26 '19
yes , but make a backup if you not sure how to do this i advice you.

i was create a backup of entirely folder before i was upgrade and test if it was working

Marcus
Marcus May 26 '19
Ok gonna test it first on localhost
Thanks
Marcus
Marcus May 26 '19
Last question. Do i need to then empty template c folder?
dave Leader
dave May 27 '19
You can emtpy that folder any time you want to, even if you delete the folder entirely oxwall will put it back.  So feel free to zap the contents of that folder whenever you want.  

Also just alittle tip here, for security reasons alot of software now has ways to link to that folder above the public_html.   So for example i know some software that you place the templates_c folder above the public_html (to keep the public away from it) and then there is a special config command you add to the config file to point the script to access it in its new location.  

However  i have never tested doing this with oxwall, im sure its possible but it would be special coding as oxwal is not set up for that out of the box.

I will make a new topic for that.. 

The Forum post is edited by dave May 27 '19
Marcus
Marcus May 27 '19
Thanks guys. Will keep you post about how it went
The Forum post is edited by Marcus May 27 '19
Marcus
Marcus May 27 '19
I have a proble. I cant find directory described in this post...

Grab the release you want (3.1.33 is latest and working):

github(dot)com/smarty-php/smarty/releases

Unzip to contents of smarty directory in zip (smarty-3.1.33/*) to :

ow_libraries/vendor/smarty/smarty/

The Forum post is edited by Marcus May 27 '19
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 27 '19
really? hmmm you should have this directory ow_libraries/vendor/smarty/smarty/

if not i not sure what oxwall version you use....

Pages: « 1 2 3 »