We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Marcus
Marcus Jun 15 '19
I have too many users with an empty or broken avatar image. Why is their image missing? How to fix this issue. Also is the a way to detect which user has an empty avatar image? 
dave Leader
dave Jul 2 '19
Either your userfiles dir has permission issues or there is something like a plugin that could  be keeping the image from being written or viewed.  

There are several things you can try.. 

First look at the properties of the image with your mouse, if there is a file url there then go check it to see if it exists where it says it is.  

I have found over the years that some people have restored their sites and for some reason things like jpg end up as jp or js files end jp as j files or php files end up as hp files.  I have seen it many times after a restore (dont ask me why) that the file name extensions are not complete on many files and especially with images.  

So check the file out and see if it exists.  Try to open the file in a browser by copying the url from the console or properies view.   Find out what its not reading it if it exists.  

Check the permissions on your userfiles folder, it should be 777, make sure it is.  and make sure it is recursive (that means that every file every folder everything in that userfiles dir must be 777.   The only exception would be if there was a htaccess file i guess. 

Marcus
Marcus Jul 2 '19
Thanks Dave again. I think the problem is my hosting that's got all kinds of blockers. Thinking about switching to vps. 
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Jul 2 '19
I made 2 plugins for that, one for photos plugin and another for avatar photos 

Force Avatar Photo Upload
Force Photo Upload

This plugins detect users with empty avatar or no photos uploaded, and force the user to upload a new one.

Some users delete their photo after uploading it, others join from a mobile device and the photo is not uploaded properly, this solves that and forces the user to upload their photo to keep using your website.
Senior Developer.

The Forum post is edited by Senior Developer Jul 2 '19
dave Leader
dave Jul 2 '19
Nice SD, ill remember that.... great job... 
Marcus
Marcus Jul 2 '19
Wow appreciate this
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 3 '19
Would bee happy if the plugins supported my skadate hybrid mobile apps, but they not do :/

Probably a easy fix if you are a coder...

Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Jul 3 '19
Hi OW-Ghost!

Would you please tell me which hybrid mobile app you are talking about. Is there a link to see the demo?

Thank you.

Senior Developer.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 3 '19
Hi Senior Developer!

I can share the demo link:

https://www.skadate.com/demo

If you need access to my apps let me know and i send you ftp access to the API.

Thanks

Ow-ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jul 3 '19
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jul 3 '19

I see that this one from Skadate does work, although it is very basic.

I guess it's not available for OxWall and it never will be.

I gather that Skadate does not want anyone to develop anything for his system

The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Germany Jul 5 '19
Senior Developer Leader
OW-Ghost if you can share FTP access I can take a look and try to add support for progressive web app from skadate, but the Android and iOS apps I can't add support for that, I don't have the source code and I don't know if their license allow to modify the source code.

Thank you.

Senior Developer.

The Forum post is edited by Senior Developer Jul 3 '19
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 3 '19
That is not good at all and make the store look bad if true..how much did you pay him?
Quote from Patricia Zorrilla Bcn

I bought the ViVix PWA plugin ... Very expensive, it never worked and the plugin and the author disappeared from the store. He scammed me.

I see that this one from Skadate does work, although it is very basic.

I guess it's not available for OxWall and it never will be.

I gather that Skadate does not want anyone to develop anything for his system

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 3 '19
Senior Developer you not need. I wait for you develop new mobile apps in the store that support your own plugins.

Thanks anyways for asking.

Ow-ghost.

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jul 3 '19
Senior Developer Leader
That sounds great OW-Ghost!

Messenger updates and new Social App are on the way.

Senior Developer.

The Forum post is edited by Senior Developer Jul 3 '19
Marcus
Marcus Jul 4 '19
Folks sorry to bother but what's OxHybrid?