We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

When editing a profile | Forum

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jun 18 '19

When a member edits his profile he receives this warning:

Does anyone know how this is activated so that members should be checked so they do not put nonsense?

The Forum post is edited by Patricia Zorrilla Jun 18 '19
Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Jun 19 '19
This message is displayed by Premoderation plugin.
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Germany Jun 19 '19
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jun 19 '19

It can not be, for these reasons:

1º That plugin I do not have it

2º The screen capture corresponds to my TestSite in which my plugins are installed and none of them do this. It is a new installation without anything else.

On my development site, local on a PC with a new installation, it is also shown

I ask if someone knows and so not waste time looking for it.

I will find it, I will search in Language the key of this text and I will look for all the source code of OxWall this key with my favorite text editor that is ideal for this type of searches 

Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Jun 19 '19
Then you have enabled mandatory user approve.
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jun 19 '19

Yes, it is activated, in my TestSite I do not accept members, only admin, one free member and another one for payment. To test plugins and access permissions I do not need more members

You can enter www.somoscd.es/testsite

user testUsePremium

pwd: TestUser

and also how

user TestUser

pwd TestUser

and see it if you wish.

My goal is that those members who register, fill in the profile well, approve and then edit their profile and put other things such as: links to sites that I do not accept, spam, sale of illegal chemicals or similar things are suspended, withheld, or blocked until I approve them again.For what it puts in this language key it seems that it is a possibility of OxWall that has not been developed until it is useful.

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jun 20 '19

Viewing the plugin in detail

Premoderation

In the store, I see that it covers the content that is published from other plugins: forum, blogs, photos ... but not the content of the profile itself. It is a serious flaw of this plugin.

OxWall must be self-sufficient.

A warning message to users of something that does NOT happen is not correct.It would be appropriate for OxWall to leave a member again pending approval after editing their profile if the manual approval option is activated.

Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Jun 20 '19
Got it, seems to be an issue. You need to install Premoderation plugin to achieve the behaviour you described (visit the demo site to see all functions). I will pass it over to the development team, so they can fix it.
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Germany Jun 20 '19
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Nov 7 '19

From what I see in the photos of the plugin, it does many things withholding posts but retaining profiles does not.

I don't see the meaning of OxWall putting a phrase there that isn't useful without a specific plugin, and I don't see the plugin making sense if it doesn't do the basics: profiles and private messages.

And from what I see, it also does not use "User Roles", which would be interesting not to block content from paid members. Here https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/37613 the author puts that that is very complicated, and it is not true, it is very simple, I have made plugins that use this.

It seems too simple for 49 USD and they have sold a lot of copies because it is a necessary function.

You can hide that phrase via editing the CSS, or take advantage of it and change it to "If in your blablabla profile ... you can be exterminated like a cockroach."

OxWall is very well designed, but it lacks some basic things that should be done without the need for plugins

Ashley Stewart
Ashley Stewart Nov 13 '19
Yeah, OxWall needs some improvements, but in general it's very nice. I like using it
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 13 '19
lol so why you not use it for your website that you marketing in your profile. 

another spam profile i guess 

Quote from Ashley Stewart Yeah, OxWall needs some improvements, but in general it's very nice. I like using it

dave Leader
dave Nov 13 '19
Did you report it?
Quote from iola Sweden

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 14 '19
no i can not proof it is a spam profile. but i 99.9& sure
Quote from dave Did you report it?
Quote from iola Sweden