We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Responsive Mode Messages - SimplyResponsive | Forum

José
José Jun 23 '19
When the theme is opened in responsive mode (using a cell phone), there are two problems in the design, first, when the phone is in portrait mode, it is difficult for some users to select the text area of a message box, second, when writing a message, the mobile phone's virtual keyboard covers the text area, making it impossible to see the message while writing it. If someone knows how to solve this, help me, thank you for the time and attention. Thank you.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jul 1 '19

You can try adding this to the custom css for the theme in the admin panel.  What is happening is when the virtual keyboard opens in mobile it causes the cursor to scroll up behind the toolbar. This is a discussed issue on mobile forums on the net. Landscape orientation doesn't appear to be possible since the keyboard takes up about 75% of the screen. There is just not enough room for both. The message element is provided by Oxwall, and is definitely not responsive. I have tried to at least size it to make it better.

.ow_chat_block form .ow_chat_mailchat_inputarea .jhtmlarea {
    height: 100% !important;
}

José
José Jul 1 '19
Hi, I entered the code, but it was not very effective. But thank you so much for your help and your time! I understand the problem, if I find a better solution, I'll post it here in the forum. Thank you very much.
You do not have permission to reply this topic