We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Meet iola - iOS/Android application | Forum

iola team
iola team Jul 11 '19

Hello Oxwall Community,

My name is Sergey Kambalin, I am an iola team member. We are a small group of highly skilled and very motivated professionals who join their superpowers to create cool things and bring something new to Oxwall ecosystem. Our experience includes years of web and mobile development in general and deep knowledge of Oxwall platform in particular.

Today we are happy to introduce our brand new product, which opens new opportunities for you as site owners and for your users.

Meet iola — Next Generation Messenger App for your social network site.

This is an early stage product, and for its future growth we have planned tons of useful features. We decided to bring the product to your attention as soon as possible, to get the community feedback and improvement suggestions. This information is crucial for us, since we want to build a product which will be really useful and won't be just another clone of popular apps.

We plan two Open Beta stages to collect as much feedback as possible, to make iola as good as possible before the final release.

Please, check out the Beta testing plan and instructions of how to participate.

We can’t wait to get your thoughts and ideas about the product we build. Hope, you’ll find some time and become a beta tester. And we truly hope you'll love iola.

Thank you and best regards,

iola team

The Forum post is edited by Sergey Kambalin Jul 11 '19
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jul 11 '19

It looks very good and signed by Sergey Kambalin is a guarantee of seriousness and professionalism.

Of course I'm signed up as a beta-tester

Clem Fandango
Clem Fandango Jul 11 '19

I'm liking what I see so far and have added feedback request for video conference chat and video uploads.

Beta app is working perfectly on my phone.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 11 '19
I like this...good news very much...i will test the beta version this weekend.

this is a idea that i did have in my head all the time for bring life in oxwall 

But i not a developer so i could not do it myself:)

The competion on develop apps for oxwall is high and that is good for customers who buy products and use them :)

Sad it was take so long only....but anyways ...i need to test this beta version :)

the developer have plugins that is great ideas...so i can see it will bee something good about this project

React Native, will bee interesting check performance 

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jul 11 '19
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Jul 12 '19

Hello guys,

Thank you for participating in the Beta Test. We really appreciate your feedback and suggestions.

I wanted to mention that all test users on the demo site ( demo.iola.app ) have same password: demo

So, if you want to test communication between two users, you can log in by any of these test users by using its email/username and password - demo

Hope it will help in testing

Paul
Paul Jul 13 '19
Sounds good and look very professional. I am still looking for an native solution for our community :)

look forward for some new good news :)

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jul 13 '19

I've been testing IOLA from two phones with a friend and the operation is very fast and satisfying.

I do not like it is that when you download the APP it asks you with which web you want to use it, that reduces it to the others level like CometChat, ArrowChat and similar.

I understand that it will be a ready-made APP, to which we will not have access to the source code to be able to personalize it with our logos, colors and so on, I think of User Roles, for example I do not want free members to be able to send hundreds of messages .

I see that there is "Flag" to be able to denounce members, but not "Block" which is a function that has Skype, WhatsApp and that is essential for women of age and attractive appearance.

I have not found the possibility of breaking a friendship with someone who insistently offers you something that does not interest you.

In summary: it needs to improve but it is a very good project and what OxWall needs.

I edit because I've forgotten: Zero errors detected.

The Forum post is edited by Patricia Zorrilla Jul 13 '19
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Jul 14 '19

Hello Patricia Zorrilla Bcn,

I really glad to see such detailed feedback, thank you.

Speaking of the site url field - it is just not possible to make one central app without asking users to enter a site url to connect. We will think of how to reduce the time needed, by eg. scanning QR code or pressing a button on your website. But for the generic version of the app it is inevitable step.

We also plan to add various customization options into the app support plugin. It will be possible to change logo, title and background images right from the start and we will be adding more options.

As for customized versions of the app for clients - we definitely have this in our road map. But before, we are going to make the generic version super stable, optimized and feature complete.

iola team
iola team Aug 21 '19

Hello Oxwall Community,

We work on schedule and are ready to move to the second beta stage. We have updated iola Android and iOS apps to support custom website URLs. We have also prepared an Oxwall plugin to add the apps’ support to your websites. You can now download the plugin from the attachment and install it to your websites.

Remember that HTTPS is required for the apps to connect to your websites. And the following Oxwall plugins should be installed: Photo, Friends and Messages.

Welcome and try iola!

iola team

Attachments:
  iola.1.zip (1152Kb)
Paul
Paul Aug 21 '19
Didn´t try it yet, becaus i have to set up a test installation before testing, but the code looks really good. Your Team has some knowledge about oxwall and how to bind plugins/code into oxwall :)

Is there a native-notification with a hook to the oxwall notification plugin in planning?
iola team
iola team Aug 23 '19

Hello Paul,
Thanks for your response.

Native push notifications is a priority one feature planned for the first application update after the final release.

iola team

The Forum post is edited by iola team Aug 23 '19
gami
gami Aug 23 '19

hi Sergey,

thanks for this idea :-)

unfortunately i have the problem if i want to log in, that it jumps back to the login :-(

what could be the reason?

dave Leader
dave Aug 24 '19
Hi Sergey,  You used to be with the oxwall team from what i remember, is that correct?
Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Aug 26 '19
Sergey, I think that's what you're talking about. You can add a current demo
iola team
iola team Aug 27 '19

Hi Rob, thanks for your interest in iola!

Our plugin serves as a bridge from your website to iola iOS/Android app.

Currently, iola exists only as a mobile application that requires an Oxwall plugin so your users should install iola iOS/Android app.

P/S But remember we are still in the Beta Testing stage.

The Forum post is edited by iola team Aug 27 '19
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Aug 28 '19
Hello Rob,

The reason of the issue you are describing might be invalid server response from your second site.Do you have iola plugin installed on both your sites?

Could you PM me or iola team your sites URLs (if possible), so we could debug the issue.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 28 '19

Hello Sergey Kambalin

I going to leave skadate because they are not want clients success anymore only want we pay money for admin tools we need for success and marketing our apps.

1. Are you going make this mobile app possible to search for members to chat with ,gender,city,country and then it will bee a competioner to skadate mobile apps?
2. Are you work for skadate TEAM, or at you own?
3. Are you going make it possible to see how many sign up on every platform because skadate refuse add such tool and thats why i now want to leave them. they want i pay 440 usd make admin tools for the own skadate apps. if they not want i success and only build software for try milk out money i will go another software . i can easy change when ever i want and i rather spend this 440 usd on new apps then on some admin tools that skadate need that they want i pay for

4. how do we now you will not just go away some years from oxwall like you did 3-4 years ago and leave you software? trust is importen for me more then fancy features that stop maybe working later after 1 or 2 years

5. what score do you PWA app have on "google page speed insight tool so far? (sorry i did see you not started with PWA yet so can ignore that question)

the possitive with you here on oxwall is

1. you started this project

2. your plugins are very useful and i feel great ideas that me my self could created (same idea thinking)

3 your plugins at oxwall mostly still working (i think)

Thanks

Ow.ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 28 '19
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Aug 28 '19

Hello OW-Ghost,

1. Currently, our app supports search users by name, but Advanced Search feature is also in our roadmap.

2. I left Skalfa 3 years ago. I joined iola team a year ago to work on iola mobile app.

3. Statistics and issues reports are handled through appcenter.ms. But we plan to add Google Analytics option in the future.

4. I still support my plugins on the store (mostly bug fixes). I just stopped developing new plugins, since I switched to mobile development.

5. These apps are not PWA - they are native apps built with React Native. PWA support is in our roadmap

Regards,

Sergey Kambalin

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 28 '19

I will transfer my business from skadate to iola when

- advance search feature added

- google analytics added (i can have control more of my platforms and make adwords campaigns linked to google analytics events like how many "sign ups")

- PWA

thanks for you feedback and good luck with the apps...

look very good when it comes to design and layout

Ow-ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 28 '19
Steve
Steve Aug 28 '19
Curious when the Beta Testing is over will there be an option on the payed version that if you have more than one website that you can buy individual copies for your website and put them in the app stores yourself? 
Pages: 1 2 3 »