We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Plug-in request | Forum

Marcus
Marcus Jul 18 '19
Folks need a reconsideration request or apeal pluging that will let suspended users apeal their case.

Gotta have setting to limit the amount of times users can send such apeal. 
Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Jul 18 '19
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jul 18 '19

A link to "Create New Ticket "in the page that the suspended users see may be enough.

I have this link in the bottom of all the pages.

For the tickets I use this plugin that works very well:

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1518

Marcus
Marcus Jul 18 '19
Thanks. I believe it should be separate tool only accesible by suspended users like other major sites. 
The Forum post is edited by Marcus Jul 18 '19
Catkin
Catkin Jul 18 '19
This would actually be a really useful feture. A possibility of there being a link in emails after your account has been disabled to a fourm to fill in.
dave Leader
dave Jul 21 '19
If you have several admins then this is doable management wize and a great idea.  But if you are only one admin it could really be a high maintainance issue, and should'nt you be spending your time building content not doing administrative tasks.  

As i said with several admins or moderators then you can assign someone to do this for you as part of their role, but it will be a headache for one admin.  

Also consider that if you let people appeal your decision then you better have a set of written appeal rules drafted because if you approve one persons appeal and not another you better have a really good reason and it needs to be in writing to cover your butt. 

One of the first things a user will claim is "well you let them do it"... 

The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 21 '19