We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Ip check | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Marcus
Marcus Jul 18 '19
Does ow check for ip on registration? Same as email to make sure no 2 accounts have been created from same ip. 
Catkin
Catkin Jul 18 '19
You can register as many accounts as you like under one IP, you can use Patricia's UserInfo plugin to find users who share the same IP
Marcus
Marcus Jul 18 '19
Thanks buddy just gotta group by ip on user table.
The Forum post is edited by Marcus Jul 18 '19
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jul 18 '19

Note that OxWall only memorizes the IP with which it was registered.

My plugin memorizes every time you login, the date, how many times and how many statistics do you have with this data.

This extreme vigilance that I do on the users with my plugin is because on my website there is a lot of users offering illegal chemical products, that's why I have included in it a new flags system, a private message reader and now I am incorporating a self-service system. blocking of members that are not desirable.

Then there will come a detector of private messages that are very similar.

Note that I distinguish users by age and User Roles, those who enter SPAM do not have patience and do so immediately.

I attach a screen.

Attachments:
  31autosuspend.png (30Kb)
Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Aug 4 '19

There are several ways to check IP addresses.

First of all there is a plug-in store that detects the geographic IP range with the location plug-in.

In addition, there are plug-ins in the store that handle the person's IP address.

However, it is not important to identify people who are members with the same IP. There are scenarios that might be the case. There is a high likelihood of many people using the same IP address as the contact. A conventional unstructured computer counts between two IP protocols. Such non-proprietary computers can use these addresses. Example: Turkey / Ankara 74.44.33.120 and 74.44.33.180 road between the city as possible a protocol means that all users in that area. Blocking an address means blocking the entire zone. However, DNS IPv6 static addresses reverse the situation.

Micaeljames
Micaeljames Oct 12 '23

Virtual Private Networks, or VPNs, have become indispensable tools in the digital age, offering a robust shield for online privacy and security. One of their key functions is concealing your IP address while establishing a secure and encrypted connection. To check your current IP address, you can visit a website like 'whatismyip' for quick and easy access to this information.

By routing your internet traffic through VPN servers located in different regions, VPNs provide you with a new IP address, masking your original one. This action not only protects your online identity but also allows you to access content and websites that might be geo-restricted.

Furthermore, VPNs create a secure tunnel for data transmission, safeguarding your information from prying eyes, including cybercriminals and even your Internet Service Provider. Whether you're browsing the web, working remotely, or simply concerned about your digital footprint, the power of VPNs empowers you to stay secure, anonymous, and in control of your online activities.

helen dam
helen dam Dec 7 '23
Visual Splendor: Brace yourself for a visual spectacle. geometry dash introduces levels that are not only challenging but also visually stunning, creating an immersive gaming experience.
kalvindarwan
kalvindarwan Dec 20 '23
Innovation is key in today’s world and in the concrete and masonry world, it’s no different. Rancho Cucamonga Pro Concrete
James Walter
James Walter Jan 1
We’ll inspect your brakes and let you know what needs to be done in order to get them up and running again. Watsonville Towing Company