We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Privacy Configuration Page | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Catkin
Catkin Aug 5 '19

Hay folks!

So I was wondering, how can I add more privacy options to the privacy screen? Currently there is: Everybody, Friends, Only me.

I would like to have set up with: Everybody, Followers, Friends, Only me, Everybody and Followers, Followers and Friends.

Most likely, this will need a plugin, anyone care to help create this? Please get in touch as I am willing to pay for the development time :D

Yours sincerely 

-jamie

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Aug 5 '19

"Everybody and Followers" is Everybody equally.

"Followers and Friends" is practically the same, I don't see it very useful.

I am working on those who put in an option in which those who put "Friends" or "Only me" in some option, apply the same conditions when looking at others. "You can't see this because you have hidden it in your profile" mode. My "UserInfo" plugin already does it, but only for the data that the plugin shows and I want to extend it to the other data of the other plugins.

I am also making according to "User Roles" the changes are applied with a delay to prevent you from changing your privacy, look at what interests you and hide your things again.

Catkin
Catkin Aug 6 '19
Hay Patricia.

Sorry you don't think this would be useful. The site I am building is for artists and fans of art to network and socialize together in. 

This means users will want to follow there favourite artists and artists will not want to be friends with all there fans. 

The Everyone and Followers is a mistake for I overlooked the fact that Everyone would overwrite Followers.

Yours sincerely

-Jamie

Paul
Paul Aug 6 '19
Extend  PRIVACY_CLASS_EventHandler

use function addPrivacy

$event->add(array(            'key' => 'everybody_and_followers',            'label' => $language->text('yourkey', 'everybody_and_followers'),            'weight' => 1,            'sortOrder' => 200000        ));

or just hardcoded.

but you will have to customize other plugins/controllers/views aswell if you would like the new privacy option

dave Leader
dave Aug 6 '19
+1 paul, that will only give the option, it wont do the php legwork of filtering, that will need to be done via the plugin.   The plugin would not only add the new privacy option but also have a followers table to compare as jamie wants followers not friends, so the plugin wont be able to use the friends table at all.  

I suppose the plugin could trap the event in the listener for before add friend and add an option to that for follow only, then set the follow flag in the plugin table using integer fields such as  follower  and followee with user id's

Paul
Paul Aug 6 '19

Quote from dave +1 paul, that will only give the option, it wont do the php legwork of ...

Quote from Paulbut you will have to customize other plugins/controllers/views aswell if you would like the new privacy option

Catkin
Catkin Aug 6 '19
Hmmm, looks like I need to find a developer!

Thank you for your time Dave and Paul.

Yours sincerely

-Jamie

Marcus
Marcus Aug 6 '19
Folks it's not enough to just adding an option you need to do some coding to make this option work. 
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Aug 6 '19

Quote from Jamie Hay Patricia.

Sorry you don't think this would be useful. The site I am building is for artists and fans of art to network and socialize together in. 

This means users will want to follow there favourite artists and artists will not want to be friends with all there fans. 

The Everyone and Followers is a mistake for I overlooked the fact that Everyone would overwrite Followers.

Yours sincerely

-Jamie

Now I understand.I will do it, but expanded. For my website I should add an option for each user role and add this will be simple. In addition, I want to add notifications of the type "X could not see | your photos | your profile | your blog | ... | because in privacy you have selected ..."I have very dumb users: they put everything private and complain that they don't make friends. If they cannot access their profile, they cannot press "add to friends", for example.
Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Aug 9 '19

This will create problems for multiple plug-ins. Confidentiality is based on 3 headings. General - Allowed - Hidden, Adding an option to Alternati is not a problem but causes confusion. Additional privacy may be required, in which case add-ons must be made to the add-on structure. An extra plugin is available. But replacing the kernel will cause confusion on your system. The problem will occur if you receive any subsequent updates.

My advice to you is to contact one of the developer friends working in the store. A few of our friends can help with this kind of thing. Please do not look for developers other than Oxwall, choose active developers from the Oxwall store. The most ideal way to do this is to check your activity history.

ArtMedia
ArtMedia Aug 10 '19

Quote from Jamie Hmmm, looks like I need to find a developer!

Thank you for your time Dave and Paul.

Yours sincerely

-Jamie

write me pm