We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Reward ideas. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Marcus
Marcus Aug 16 '19
Hi folks I got bunch of users but I think they're bored. What can I implement that will have them more active.

Granting them points is not enough case I got nothing to spend them on. 

Pls share your ideas. 

dave Leader
dave Aug 16 '19
Running a contest will get them involved

If they are bored that means you dont have enough content and also that you are not getting them involved in posting content.   

Marcus
Marcus Aug 16 '19
What contest buddy
dave Leader
dave Aug 16 '19
Without knowing your users its hard to say, you can do any kind of contest such as funniest image (user votes). There are tons of ideas how to get your users involved by running a contest.  Use your imagination, you are the one that knows (or should know) what your users need and what might be interesting to them :)

Leave a token at 5 local nightclubs and let the bartenders know the deal.  Then tell your users that one that collects all the tokens correctly gets something (gift certificate or something).   Maybe to get a token they have to answer a question or write something on the site (article or something), up to you how you run it. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 16 '19
Marcus
Marcus Aug 16 '19
I hear you brother. Right now the only think I got that could be considered as contest is profile likes. I could maybe list who's got most desc 
Marcus
Marcus Aug 16 '19
Dave buddy do you think I should allow people join without the profile pic
dave Leader
dave Aug 16 '19
No you have to set some rules and firm guildlines or they will not respect your site or take you seriously.   

Remember its not about rules or any of that stuff, its about content, regarless what a site looks like or functions if the right content is there that they want then they will join and many will participate.  Content is the key always... 

You might get something from this..   https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/51775

But as i said not knowing what your site is about, dating, social, whatever its hard for me to give advice because there are a kazillion variables.   But basically ask yourself as a user/consumer "why do i create content on websites"  what makes you post on websites usually works for others as well. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 16 '19
Marcus
Marcus Aug 16 '19
You're right. I got a lot to think about. I think forcing users to post pics or whatever is the wrong approach. I'm running a dating site. Got a few ideas gonna try to make a plug-in for it. I believe what can offer to users is more exposure more views... Isn't that what dating all about
Ray
Ray Aug 20 '19
Wow!