We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Make a copy of my Oxwall Community to a sub-domaine for | Forum

Kenneth
Kenneth Sep 5
Is it possible to copy my community to a subdomaine and use the copy for other use -  just with a clean database?  Or do I have to start all over.....

I want to continue with my existing community.....

AppXprt
AppXprt Sep 9
Yea it's entirely possible, just about everything is...

I do this for $50 to create development environments by cloning your production to a new DB and File System Location. 

Marcus
Marcus Sep 14
No need to pay money lol. Use phpmyadmin to dublicate and rename db. Use Filezilla to dawn load and the upload files into new folder. Finally edit config.php
AppXprt
AppXprt Sep 15
Sure, if you know how to do it, then just do it. This guy is borderline trolling...
The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Sep 15
Marcus
Marcus Sep 15
Am saying the truth man. Your gonna charge this poor noibie 50 bucks for something that takes 30 min to do and doesn't require superior programing knowlage. You should be ashamed of yourself. 
AppXprt
AppXprt Sep 15
Developers are worth money, actually they're more valuable than money:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/06/companies-worry-more-about-access-to-software-developers-than-capital.html

I have multiple bills and even child support to pay, so I don't work for free...

Go work for free ALL you want if that's your prerogative, but I don't as I'm a quality developer.

Marcus
Marcus Sep 15
OK let's stick to the topic brother. I got it

AppXprt
AppXprt Sep 15
Thing is I would love to help you learn more and develop more plugins.
Marcus
Marcus Sep 15
Thanks bro good to know that there are some folks that can give you some pointers not to do your homework but point you in the right direction. 
The Forum post is edited by Marcus Sep 15
David
David Sep 15
"I do this for $50 to create development environments by cloning your production to a new DB and File System Location."

I do this by hitting a button thru my hosting service that says "Clone Website"... takes 5 minutes and it's free.  I can also do it through my other web hosting service by asking tech support and they respond with "sure thing, no problem" and do it for me... again... for free.

You don't need to shell out $50 bucks for this.  There are people that can help you do this or teach you because they're decent people who want to help.

The Forum post is edited by David Sep 15
AppXprt
AppXprt Sep 15
Except I provide some of my plugins that benefit the user as well. 

Yes you can do this for free and not receive any extra benefits from establishing a relationship with a developer.

David
David Yesterday, 10:13AM
Your original post didn't say anything about providing some of your plugins that benefit the user as well.  That's an entirely different thing.  Cool.  Thanks for clarification.  My mistake.