We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Unsubscribed Users? - Email Lists | Forum

Matthias
Matthias Sep 12 '19

Hello,

I think this is a great plugin that deals with the fact, that "mass mailing" feature by oxwall/skadate cant handle a big amount of users.

Question:

Users can unsubscribe Newsletters and automated Emails sent by the system. If I do an export with your plugin, will it include or exclude the users that unsubscribed?

As you sure understand, I dont want to send Newsletters to users that have unsubscribed since it´s against European law and can get you in trouble.

Second question, how many users can the plugin handle? I read 10.000 in your other posting, has this been increased by now?

Thank you so much for your feedback,

Matthias

JB TECH
JB TECH Sep 12 '19

Hi Matthias,

As the plugin currently stands, this simply exports the data of all of your available users. It is not connected with the built-in mail subscription system as of yet. Secondly, the amount of data is processes can be large depending on your website. At the moment, we have tried to alleviate the load by sending a request to up the php execution time for its main function. This can help, however it always depends on your server setup.

Thanks.

Matthias
Matthias Sep 17 '19
Hi JB Tech,

thank you for the answer. The laws about sending emails have become very strict, so I have to wait until this plugin is connected to the mail-subscribing. 

I will keep checking in here :) 

You do not have permission to reply this topic