We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

change user id to username | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Onur
Onur Sep 27 '19
where can i modification user tite user_name i want to change it with real name and i want to put some information despre members?

wich files i should modificy on oxwall?
i want to modifice all seo files

dave Leader
dave Sep 27 '19
In admin settings user you can choose between real name and username.  
The Forum post is edited by dave Sep 27 '19
Onur
Onur Sep 27 '19
i want to change title for users. i want to modify there. i cant do it on admin section
dave Leader
dave Sep 27 '19
I have to agree with Ghost, probably not a very good idea to post sensitive info like that to the world.  However its your decision, all we can do is warn you its not a good idea, if you want to do it anyway then ill try to help. 
Onur
Onur Sep 27 '19
i want to add there "about me" section
Onur
Onur Sep 27 '19
userid  + about me section 
dave Leader
dave Sep 27 '19
Even with html allowed via admin it still wont parse the ASCII or HTML line breaks and carriage returns.  So the only way to do this without a bunch of core editing would be with a plugin.  

I see the about me under the avatar on the profile... so you just want to also show that on each album correct.    I am thinking... 

dave Leader
dave Sep 27 '19
I see 3 basic files for the about me widget

in ow_system_plugins/base/controllers

component_panel.php  line 495  and on line 503 it appears to echo the widget

and these are in components dir 

about_me_widget.php

and 

my_avatar_widget.php

youll have to test to see what you need to add from those files to the album display to get the widget for that album owner.   Then add it to the html file as well. 

It does not appear there is a html just for that, it all comes from php and the componentpanel

dave Leader
dave Sep 27 '19
I am just letting him know where the code is, im not telling him what to do with it.   Besides, he is going to have a tough time doing this anyway and he probably will give up before that.  Its alot of work for alittle bit of benefit, its not worth it. 

Onur
Onur Sep 27 '19
what is not illegal.
This oxwall has worse seo. even i have members not coming any organic trafic?
what i will do take trafic? only pay moneys to adwords or what?

if you don't want to help. you dont need to reply me other platforms support to user name phpfox or whatever you want... 

Quote from OW-Ghost no good help people do illegal things dave

for me post public private information around the world is very bad and they who help with this is not much better in my opinion

dave Leader
dave Sep 27 '19
Just be sure your users know exactly what information is going to be displayed in public.  Have them re-agree to the privacy page and Terms of Service.    As long as you notify the user and they agree, and you meet the local privacy requirement regulations if they exist then you will be just fine. 

I believe that ghost is referring to is if you display sensitive data without user agreement and if you violate privacy regs where you live.   It is always better to be safe than sorry, some places take privacy very seriously and if a user complains they could file suit against you.  Just be carefull is all i am saying. 

Onur
Onur Sep 28 '19
i dont need to help from you. 
pls dont reply my topics
Quote from OW-Ghost Onur i stop post on this topic becasue i hard to understand what you want to do

here you say 

"other platforms support to user name phpfox or whatever you want... "

now you talk about username? i was think you talk about real name?

sorry, not forget GDPR if you not want visit jail for share sensitive data around the world.