We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Photo uploads are not working. | Forum

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 1 '19
Carol Schumacher

- Here is list of folders which must have 777 permissions recursively (all files and folders inside this folders):

ow_log
ow_static
ow_userfiles
ow_pluginfiles
ow_smarty/template_c

You can tell you host support in a ticket to them doing this for you

Let us know if it did help or not

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Dec 1 '19
Rick McShane
Rick McShane Dec 10 '19

I am having a similar problem and tried everything else. I am completely stooped.

My cronjob:

*/17 * * * *

wget -q -O /dev/null https://www.websitename.com/ow_cron/run.php

I am running Oxwall 1.8.4

I made sure my site is using php 5.6

I made sure all my files have the "777" recursive permissions

I made sure all the oxwall server requirements are met.

I uninstalled and completely removed the photo plugin, then manually added the newest version of "photo"

When I click "upload Video" that works.

When I click the camera icon in a comment field, that works.

When I click to change Avatar...that works.

BUT....

When I click on the "add photo" button it just gets stuck in an infinite loop. I can't find any error messages anywhere. It just doesn't work, its like it's just not there.

Attachments:
  loop.PNG (17Kb)
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 10 '19

Hello Rick McShane

- First please have a look at you browser "developer tool" and look for network and console errors when you click "add photo".  
https://www.telerik.com/blogs/improve-your-debugging-skills-with-chrome-devtools

- Second look at oxwall error.log if there is some error related there. 

Quote from Rick McShane

I am having a similar problem and tried everything else. I am completely stooped.

My cronjob:

*/17 * * * *

wget -q -O /dev/null https://www.websitename.com/ow_cron/run.php

I am running Oxwall 1.8.4

I made sure my site is using php 5.6

I made sure all my files have the "777" recursive permissions

I made sure all the oxwall server requirements are met.

I uninstalled and completely removed the photo plugin, then manually added the newest version of "photo"

When I click "upload Video" that works.

When I click the camera icon in a comment field, that works.

When I click to change Avatar...that works.

BUT....

When I click on the "add photo" button it just gets stuck in an infinite loop. I can't find any error messages anywhere. It just doesn't work, its like it's just not there.

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Dec 10 '19
Rick McShane
Rick McShane Dec 12 '19

my error log has the same message multiple times, but it does not correspond to times I clicked the "photo" button:

[Tue Dec 10 10:00:10 2019] [ow_core_log] [Notice] Message: Undefined index: HTTP_USER_AGENT File: /home2/{name}/public_html/ow_core/request.php Line:137

The file mentioned surrounding line 137 is as below:

135    public function getUserAgentName()
136   {
137        return UTIL_Browser::getBrowser($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']);
138   }

I did find a place where an "ERROR" showed up in red, when I try to create an album. I used chrom and went to "Inspect" and it found 4 errors when I hit "create album", see attachement. And then it showed 5 when I clicked on the "add photo" button, see attached.

I did it a second time, the spinny thing. and got this:

main.js?attr=g47EY-PwFYn6Rj0Z0s71MWPyBC3cgj6t8hSUuIdkwWi70LGHoAjWa0hAn-iCKbKf:1271 POST https://www.{website}.com/base/ajax-loader/component/?cmpClass=PHOTO_CMP_AjaxUpload&r=0.9728792317449155 406
window.XMLHttpRequest.send @ main.js?attr=g47EY-PwFYn6Rj0Z0s71MWPyBC3cgj6t8hSUuIdkwWi70LGHoAjWa0hAn-iCKbKf:1271
send @ jquery.min.js:6
ajax @ jquery.min.js:6
OwUtils.loadComponent @ ow.js?tYToQUq4:365
OwUtils.ajaxFloatBox @ ow.js?tYToQUq4:406
window.addNewPhoto5df2411073d74 @ (index):1913
(anonymous) @ VM4538:1
(index):1920 Uncaught ReferenceError: ajaxPhotoUploader is not defined
    at OW_FloatBox.<anonymous> ((index):1920)
    at OW_FloatBox.trigger (ow.js?tYToQUq4:1196)
    at OW_FloatBox.close (ow.js?tYToQUq4:1142)
    at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (ow.js?tYToQUq4:919)
    at HTMLDivElement.dispatch (jquery.min.js:5)
    at HTMLDivElement.y.handle (jquery.min.js:5)

The Forum post is edited by Rick McShane Dec 12 '19
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 12 '19
hello

I was test press the photo upload button on my website when i was inspect my browser requests and see that you have some url that i can not see on my develop inspect tool.

This url i not have: photo-master/

I think you not use same photo plugin that i use or you have wrong "path" and folders installed on wrong place.

I will double check if i can find this photo-master/ path on my site. but i could not see such request in my developer tool

maybe that why you server respond with not find code

i have a suggestion for you:

try this demo website https://demo.oxwall.com/ and then upload a photo and inspect in crome and see if you got same URL request photo-master/ when press upload photo

and im 100% sure they who can read code can understand deeper what the issue is and i think this can bee solved because now we have find the errors and that is "first step" debug something

(the software is looking for something that not excisiting on your server.)

I think maybe you use a third part photo plugin or addon. try disable any third part plugin that use photos and albums

what is you FULLY path to your photo plugin? and your url path to your album photo files?

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Dec 12 '19
Rick McShane
Rick McShane Dec 13 '19
The 'photo-master' is the new name of the photo plugin after I manually reinstalled it. I have no idea where the photo directory is. Where should it be?
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 13 '19

for example to my photo plugins files i have this path on my server.

html/ow_plugins/photo/

Do you have this path on your server?

html/ow_plugins/photo-master/

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Dec 13 '19
Rick McShane
Rick McShane Dec 14 '19
There is.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 14 '19

Quote from Rick McShane There is.
?
dave Leader
dave Dec 15 '19
@skadate  i appreciate the time your spending with this customer, thank you. 
Carol Schumacher
Carol Schumacher Jan 17 '20

I still have no way to upload photos to existing albums.  If I create an album I can add untold number of them once.   I'm at a loss, can't figure out what to do.

dave Leader
dave Jan 17 '20
Carol the existing albums are from an older version of oxwall i assume?   If you would like me to have a look ill see what i can do, no promises but ill at least see if i can find something that sticks out at me... 

PM me if you like... 

dave Leader
dave Feb 5 '20
Is this still an issue ?
Pages: « 1 2