We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Group cover photo not working | Forum

Ash
Ash Nov 26 '19

HI

1st of all it is indeed a great work done by the devloper @Sergey Kambalin...  

So.. i just bought your group cover plugin but when i installed, its not showing up?

any possible reason if i am doing something wrong...? I tried reaching the developer via pvt msg but yet no response .. been 3days

please find attached screenshot 

Settings:-

Front view group cover not visible:-

please help...

thanks

Cheers!

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Nov 26 '19

You have to go to Settings of the Groups plugin and place the widget at the top to make it visible.

If the widget is not displayed, Group Cover is incorrectly installed, uninstall it and reinstall it

Ash
Ash Nov 26 '19
Ok! Let me try!
Quote from Patricia Zorrilla Bcn

You have to go to Settings of the Groups plugin and place the widget at the top to make it visible.

If the widget is not displayed, Group Cover is incorrectly installed, uninstall it and reinstall it

Ash
Ash Nov 26 '19
No not happening... uninstalled and even removed, cleaned cache and reinstalled but no change,, cover photo still not appearing.
Patricia Zorrilla Leader

Uninstall Gruop Cover, activate debug mode:

https://wiki.oxwall.com/plugin-tuts:enable-debug

and install again, to see if it gives any error when installing.

Don't forget to disable debug mode later!

Ash
Ash Nov 26 '19
Turned on the debug-mode but no error came... see screenshot attached.. and also the header in on top but still not happening.. i have even pvt msg the developer but no response...  

Uninstall Gruop Cover, activate debug mode:

https://wiki.oxwall.com/plugin-tuts:enable-debug

and install again, to see if it gives any error when installing.

Don't forget to disable debug mode later!

Patricia Zorrilla Leader

Check if the permissions table for user roles shows the appropriate permissions for Group Cover, and that they are activated. I note that this plugin when installed, its use for all remains prohibited.

Also check the file yoursite.com/ow_plugins/groups/plugin.xml for version 10.800. With this version - which is the latest - it works well, with other versions I have not tried it.

If it's not this, I can't think of anything else to recommend you investigate.

It would be necessary to enter the database, check that the records associated with the installation of these two plugins are correct by comparing them with another website where it works, see the log files, check that gheader has created the gheader_cover table correctly, and if No, well, start to insert the step marks in the source code and see variables, where the execution is going and ... It is already more complex but everything has an arrangement.

Ash
Ash Nov 26 '19

Check if the permissions table for user roles shows the appropriate permissions for Group Cover, and that they are activated. I note that this plugin when installed, its use for all remains prohibited.

Also check the file yoursite.com/ow_plugins/groups/plugin.xml for version 10.800. With this version - which is the latest - it works well, with other versions I have not tried it.

If it's not this, I can't think of anything else to recommend you investigate.

It would be necessary to enter the database, check that the records associated with the installation of these two plugins are correct by comparing them with another website where it works, see the log files, check that gheader has created the gheader_cover table correctly, and if No, well, start to insert the step marks in the source code and see variables, where the execution is going and ... It is already more complex but everything has an arrangement.

why should i do so much of head banging? I have waited a lot for the developer to resolve and its better that with due respect to the developer, i better raise a dispute via paypal... 

Anyways thanks a lot @particia for your generous support and help!