We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

block african | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Onur
Onur Jan 18 '20
i want to block africans countries. wich is the best way to do it.
i have a lot of scammer from Africa. and i am bored with them.
Marcus
Marcus Jan 18 '20
Won't work case if they see your blocking their country theyll just use proxy. Which is the right way when your scamming others... You know to leave no traces behind.

The best way is to limit user privileges. And moderate all new ones discretely. 
The Forum post is edited by Marcus Jan 18 '20
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jan 18 '20

I don't know how the plugin Chris_W cites works, because I don't have it, but I guess perfectly because it is from ArtMedia and that is already a guarantee, in addition all the comments it has are all 5 stars and one of them is from Skadate Sweden who is a prestigious commentator on this forum and does not give 5 stars to anyone.

On my website I have solved this type of problem by placing very selective admission criteria: very extensive registration form with non-mandatory text field questions and with them you can see who has real interest and who does not. Of course users must be previously approved. It is true that this leaves out many possible members but also gives a lot of prestige to the social network when entering and not finding it full of false profiles, without descriptions or false.

Interestingly, the people I reject re-register again with a better-filled muco profile. In the long term, users prefer a secure website with well-filled profiles and not a website full of inactive, empty or false profiles.

This, together with the "Mandatory user approve" in

https://mysite.com/admin/settings/user

and spam and junk users are over

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 19 '20
thank god im not alone and not alone bee frustrated..

the only thing that stop this BIG Nigeria and Ghana team and networks that sit with probably 50 computers just for try setup fake profiles on dating sites and social sites is one plugin i can recommend

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1641

you can block entirely countrys with this plugin and vpn/proxy and bad reputation IP.s

problem is ,sometimes it can block someone that dont know they use a bad IP.

but if you set the score to 25 then you block all this Nigeria and Ghana scammers with they fake proxys and VPN they use.

I was put them out from my apps and websites for 2 weeks and then i was deactivate the plugin.

the same day they was back....frustrated? totally and i want throw out my computer from window

they are totally crazy this NIGERIA and GHANA teams. they have big list of dating sites and social sites that they try EVERYDAY sign up on. 

Normaly people would bee tired try sign up and fail for 2 weeks but not this guys they never tired.

I try tell skalfa team this ,but they just happy with they email verification system that is a old system that any baby on this planet can bypass.

So if thee will bee any mobile apps with better profile verification system i will switch lightning fast to this mobile apps.

if you scamed on a dating site or social site you will not come back and you will tell you friends maybe about it. It is impossible build up sites and apps like that.

why is it so hard for this skadate team understand this and take it seriously?

who can run dating och social sites and apps with people many that scam people? nobody an do that and i do not understand why still 2020 there is no mobile apps for oxwall that interested apply better verification system like:

- video verification

- payment verification

- fingerprint verification system

i so frustrated that nobody build better verification system 

there is only verification system for "DESKTOP" everything in this fucking store is for DESKTOP so bored and tired

why i still use this software , i need go hospital check my IQ . it must bee very LOW....

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 19 '20
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 20 '20

Quote from Patricia Zorrilla Bcn

Maybe this trick can help you:

https://owspain.com/magazine/articulo/view/2

This stop VPN services that this Nigerians use? or only proxy's?
Paul
Paul Jan 20 '20
I dont think a software must have a final solution to prevent the complete spam. Some basics like captcha or email registration mail are ok, but for the mass there a dozens of other solutions.
I am using fail2ban to prevent generally spams. From web (apache) to other traffic like mails, portscans etc. 
So this spamming IP adresses even donz reach the application (like OXwall) it self.
And of course you can add an IP range to the blacklist, like the african one
The Forum post is edited by Paul Jan 20 '20
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 20 '20
this is no robots. this is humans that create accounts everyday from nigeria and ghana mostly. have nothing to do with spam or fail2ban. i think you are thinking about scripts that sign up to apps and websites. this is no scripts. this is 100% humans that use VPN services for telling they from other countrys. rich countrys. and they hope is scam someone on money or to travel to some rich country and live a good life.
Quote from Paul I dont think a software must have a final solution to prevent the complete spam. Some basics like captcha or email registration mail are ok, but for the mass there a dozens of other solutions.
I am using fail2ban to prevent generally spams. From web (apache) to other traffic like mails, portscans etc. 
So this spamming IP adresses even donz reach the application (like OXwall) it self.
And of course you can add an IP range to the blacklist, like the african one

Onur
Onur Jan 20 '20
i am blocking their ip adress like this.
order allow,deny 

deny from 154.124.28.186

deny from 41.83.113.169

deny from 73.136.64.25

deny from 41.204.44.214

allow from all

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 21 '20
just wait to there will bee any mobile apps that have better verification system.

i recently notice that both google.com and freelancer.com have a payment system for verify users and i think that should not bee impossible add to oxwall,skadate mobile apps.

google/freelancer charge you a small amount for example 1,69 or 2,14 or 1,14 or 0,46 dollar.

and you need check you bank account for this small amount they charged you then enter this small amount correct in a text field.

if not enter correct 3 times then the verification system will bee locked for that user and need contact support.

the money they charge you bank account will later bee returned if not enter correct amount and if enter correct amount. i think it have a time limit before it return the small amount.

Any developer that could create such payment verification system? 

it almost like a email verification system ........but far more secure and hard to fake

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 21 '20
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 21 '20
i have another idea:

skadate/oxwall already have video chat added with a plugin in the store.

if there was a small text field over video chat icon said "press here for verify user" then all administration lays on users not on admin to verify users real or not. if they not open video i would not continue chat with that users for a long time. and force him open video to verify he or she real.

i think this idea is awsome 

why always put all work on admins?

let me know what you think about this ideas

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 21 '20
change the "video chat icon" to "verify user" icon.

then modify text little to "user try to verify you" instead of the "incoming video call" text.

all heavy administration to verify users 100% real lays on the users them self.

if you want delete my ideas you can do that. i just need xpress my ideas sometimes before i forget them

to much in my head always

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jan 21 '20

You mean this video chat plugin?

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1194

Does it work for you?

It has very bad comments

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 21 '20
Yes. it is working fully on my mobile apps and desktop site.

I think this can bee remake as a profile verification plugin easy with icon and text adjustments

at the same time - it will boost video talking = more fun talking on you apps and desktop site because the video chat is already open for verify the user is 100% real that you chat with

Does it work for you?

It has very bad comments

Amisn
Amisn Jan 22 '20

Quote from Skadate Sweden Yes. it is working fully on my mobile apps and desktop site.

I think this can bee remake as a profile verification plugin easy with icon and text adjustments

at the same time - it will boost video talking = more fun talking on you apps and desktop site because the video chat is already open for verify the user is 100% real that you chat with

Does it work for you?

It has very bad comments

yes you are right

it works on my mobile phone also its very good....

Burger king survey

The Forum post is edited by Amisn Jan 22 '20
Tyler Hoban
Tyler Hoban Feb 16 '20
Block all datacenter ASNs. Don't bother wasting time with IP ranges, just fuck all of them at once with ASN ban. Pretty simple to do with Cloudflare or manually in Apache
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Feb 16 '20
how to do in cloudflare. i use cloudflare firewall

not sure what feature you telling to add? can you bee more specific 

i have solved this with bee smarten then they are.

i fake my business style for them to think they need pay money for use my website with a plugin in the store that i have created some new feaures on

much better then use block because they will always go around you block and they will not give up.

and if they start spend money on you site then much easier block they payments :) but usely they just leave when it cost money use everything

cheers!

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Feb 16 '20