We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Big confusion in multi account type site (gay site with many "genders" | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
TonyKa
TonyKa Jan 25 '20

Hi, please can somebody help?

I started a gay website. I made many Account types (genders) as:

Man straight, Man bi, Man gay, man cross, woman a, woman b, etc

and a few other account types (totally 12 types)

So when somebody creates a profile he selects what he is. But also they select what they are looking for (again from a pool of 12)

The problem is when people connect on the site they see the site as empty!! no search results, as they can't see each other because they selected that they are something else than the searcher is searching.

I.e a man that makes his profile as Man straight looking for man bi, will not be seen by a man gay that looks for man gay. Mess.

So the site appears like nobody is there...

What can i do ?

I would like the SEARCH result to display all of the types somehow. or group them automatically (lets say group more than one to appear in the result)

Alternatively what I am thinking is to create something random as account type (and have only one account type asking something generic as "are you here for fun" and only YES.. so make everything else as other questions, or something else, i dont know

But will this work?

What are you doing in such sites? How the others can have the variety and see all account types? (genders)

or at least is there a way to display all members in searching, despite the account type(gender) or by setting priorities?

I think this is happening because system wants exactly to fit 100%, like the account type of A must be exactly what the B is searching and opposite..

Please help

many thanks

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jan 25 '20

This happened to me when I started with OxWall.

There is a predefined question, "gender" to which you must expand the options and not just male or female.

Surely you have created a new question instead of expanding the "gender" options.

The search engine searches for "gender" ... and you will have it deactivated or deleted, and of course you are not looking for "sex" or as you have called the new question in the profiles.

TonyKa
TonyKa Jan 25 '20
Hi Patricia

thanks for answering and you time

apologies i didn't get you

Yes this is what i did, I expanded the options instead of female or male and I added all these 12 categories (male straight, male gay, male bi, etc a total of 12 types for both male and female).

No, i didnt create new question! I expanded the "gender options" and tHIS is the problem!!

My problem has nothing to do with search engines!!!

I mean search INSIDE oxwall...  the system gives accurate search..

so if somebody is "gay" and in search he says i am interested for man streight, he does NOT see any men streight if the men streight have not select that want to be seen by men streight...

that makes the results very less to zero.

How i can make the system (oxwall) to display more types than strictly the selected by users??

thank you

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
I have solved it with two fields, "gender" to define what the user is (it can only be one of the cases), and "I search" where you can mark several things, because a person can have several interests and not just an opposite one or yours.
TonyKa
TonyKa Jan 25 '20
you mean totally new fields than the system default "I am" and " i am looking for" ???

Totally new records??

and if Yes, how you used the two system default fields ("I am" and " i am looking for" ) ?

Patricia Zorrilla Leader

In "Gender" I have put several types: "Man, woman, couple, others", I do not divide between gay, straight, bisexual men ... They are liars and not worth it, I have already given them a text field to describe themselves if they want it.

In "I am looking for" I have put more options.

The one who searches in the search engine, looks for people "who look for X", not that they "are X". The question "search by gender" does not show it.

TonyKa
TonyKa Jan 25 '20
this is as it is default

look plz the attachment.. 

the question comes on how I can allow oxwall to display more results after?

I mean first all the exact by DB but instead of saying i find NOTHING, how to display other users ?

similar etc.

Attachments:
  patr1.PNG (55Kb)
TonyKa
TonyKa Jan 25 '20
could I see for some minutes a demo of your site please ?(user). I would really appreciate it..

I'm crazy confused and desperate I made a site and nobody can find anyone else. its like 0 users inside..

they get very less results or 0 some times

thank you so much!!!

Patricia Zorrilla Leader

For example there are women who do not want bisexual men, transvestites who do not want gays, etc. That way I don't force them to define themselves too much. They don't like to define themselves and they lie, my experience leads me to catalog them for what they want to be more sincere.

The other issue of people who "charge for sex" I have resolved by eliminating it completely, because it is common practice to ask for money from the heavy, elderly or ugly so that they do not bother anymore. If in the profile they put "that they charge for sex" explicitly, everyone ignores them because that doesn't give morbid.

I send you a test user password by private message 

TonyKa
TonyKa Jan 25 '20
hundreds of thanks Patricia! I have no words to say, THANK YOU!!!!!!!

so you mean make NEW records / fields??

can you please send me a similar screenshot to understand?

I need to make 2 NEW categories?

And what at the left the Quick Search will display????

and in the login screen? Its confusing.. :((

manythanks

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Look at my website as a user with the password I have provided. Go to "edit my profile" to see the questions "and try to find members. Also go create a new profile because most profile issues do not let them edit after they are approved.

TonyKa
TonyKa Jan 25 '20
Hundreds of thanks Patricia please allow me some hours as I'm from mobile outside now.

My question is are these gender categories created by you or are the default from oxwall?

I mean how many account types you have in your system?

I have 12 so I see 12 columns (as I sent earlier you seen 12 tickers for each question because it's 12 account types = 12 genders).

How many your system has?

Hundreds of thanks!!
Patricia Zorrilla Leader

I only use one type of account, believe me that several are not needed and everything is very complicated.

With "I am" (gender), I am looking for and user roles can already do all the combinations well.

In the case of couples, OxWall does not solve this well, it is better to solve it with the "I am looking for" field

I'm not in a hurry, look at my website when it's going well, I just ask you not to interact with users.