We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Antispammer folder | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Tartaren
Tartaren May 2 '20
I just realized that the "antispammer" folder in "plugins" has grown to dozens of Gbs over the years. Does this sound right? Do I need all those hundreds of sql Dbs there?
Marcus
Marcus May 3 '20
im suck and tired of those african  scam suns of guns man. my site gets a ton of them i spend pretty decent chunk of my mideration time on banning thise jucks. sorry for such colorful lengo. 
Tartaren
Tartaren May 3 '20
My sympathy but do you know what that folder is about?
dave Leader
dave May 3 '20

There is no such folder named antispammer in the default oxwall files.  That is from a 3rd party plugin or something that was misplaced.

Marcus,   ask osaka how he stopped the african invasion. I think i know what he will say :)

https://developers.oxwall.com/user/asojan10

The Forum post is edited by dave May 3 '20
Marcus
Marcus May 4 '20
thanks Dave. the problem is their not bots but real people man which makes it extremely had to fight without annoying legit folks. i had once implemented captcha popper that will pop out every 5 min abd unlesd you solve it you won't be able to use the site. that irotated the living ch.t out if the users man case most dont ever heared abiut scam. 
Marcus
Marcus May 4 '20
now as to yiur question Dave is right there aint no such directiry in oxwall. where is it located? 
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla May 4 '20

This was the "Admin ToolBox" plugin, which had the key "antispammer".

I bought it in 2012 but it currently disappeared from the store, and from my shopping list too.

It had this description:

Admin Toolbox is a massive plugin to help expand admin control on your site. Please see http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/12674 for more info.

It did a lot of things, some are done by other plugins now and some are not done at all.

It was the first plugin that allowed "login as a member", it included an antivirus that by cron was analyzing all the files. It maintained a database with the IP's of the members, it reminded the users the convenience of renewing their password from time to time, it made backups, it checked emails (@trashmail p/ej), it consulted ip's by countries in several webs and it maintained its own database of ip's by countries by a very worked system. A very good and complete plugin, created by one of the creators of OxWall.

dave Leader
dave May 4 '20
Thanks patricia :)
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 4 '20
Use photo verification plugin from SD, it is the best option right now to fight fake people. the best plugin in store 2020 in my opinion.

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1439

And he working on some upgrades :)) SD you are awsome man if you see this :)

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost May 4 '20
dave Leader
dave May 4 '20
Just FYI ghost, osaka used my UltimateCaptcha plugin to stop them.  I suppose maybe it matters if its all the same group or not.   Both are great plugins.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 4 '20
I sorry to say dave, after run dating site in 6 years there is no captcha plugin that stop fake users. Because like Marcus told you already . They are 100% real people that sit in big teams everyday to try earn money on they fake profiles around all community and dating sites. 

I solve the problem after 6 years , now they have big issues verify they fake photos. 

And if you want bee more advance you can tell them upload a video when they hold up a code. But right now i very happy with the photo verification process. Maybe in future SD will release video verification plugin. But i feel right now he should focus on make the last upgrades to photo verification plugin to make it totally awsome ....The girls feels more safe now on my dating sites and i think they happy with this solution so far

10 stars of 10 ...a must for any community site or dating site

dave Leader
dave May 4 '20

I never said my plugin stopped real users, real users can sign up any time they want, they do it every day on every kind of website.  All SD plugin does it take it to a new level, and thats great. 

All i said was Osaka used my plugin to stop the african invasion because that is what he told me.  Wether that means real people or just autobots he did not say.  I assume its auto bots because no one wants to block real people.   That is all i said, you assumed the rest as you normally do.

I agree my plugin does not stop real pleople, but it does stop bots.   If you want to do extra and make people take pics or vidoes of themselves then thats fine and SD plugin im sure is great for that :)  But that kind of verification is only really applicable to social sites and dating sites and members understand because they are becomming used to doing that,  but most other types of sites would lose customers if they made people do that.

And just FYI i was running dating and social sites while you were probably still in high school, so i also know what im talking about.  

As i said both plugins are great, but they address different problems in different ways and they can actually work together as a layered approach for a more complete package.

SD plugin makes sure that registered users are verified as real, my plugin helps keep bots away, two very different approaches to an overall issue. So they cannot be compared to each other.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 4 '20
I use this captcha plugin and recommend it from SD

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1514

https://www.vaptcha.com/

i very happy with it :)

dave Leader
dave May 4 '20
Thats great i am glad you are happy, i have happy customers as well.  
Tartaren
Tartaren May 4 '20

Quote from Patricia Zorrilla

This was the "Admin ToolBox" plugin, which had the key "antispammer".

I bought it in 2012 but it currently disappeared from the store, and from my shopping list too.

It had this description:

Admin Toolbox is a massive plugin to help expand admin control on your site. Please see http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/12674 for more info.

It did a lot of things, some are done by other plugins now and some are not done at all.

It was the first plugin that allowed "login as a member", it included an antivirus that by cron was analyzing all the files. It maintained a database with the IP's of the members, it reminded the users the convenience of renewing their password from time to time, it made backups, it checked emails (@trashmail p/ej), it consulted ip's by countries in several webs and it maintained its own database of ip's by countries by a very worked system. A very good and complete plugin, created by one of the creators of OxWall.

Yes, you are right. That's the backup function of that plugin. Thanks.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 5 '20
""""And just FYI i was running dating and social sites while you were probably still in high school, so i also know what im talking about.""""

FYI dave, there was no dating sites when i was in high school or any school :) sadly because it great way to meet someone if ask me :) If ask someone else they will maybe say not a good way meet someone 

Tartaren great you was find it...

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost May 5 '20
dave Leader
dave May 5 '20
Actually i misspoke - it was not a dating site, i should have said dating company.  Back then there was no internet so i was running a social singles company via the US Mail.  
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 6 '20
okey, i hope you did success with you dating company back in the days
dave Leader
dave May 6 '20
Thank you, it was quite the experience.