We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Post video problem | Forum

Chris_W
Chris_W May 26 '20
The site was working perfectly, then for no apparent reason, when I went to post a video, I got the response, and I can't find a reason for it.

"Access Denied Error - The requested resource requires an authentication."

The Forum post is edited by Chris_W May 26 '20
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla May 26 '20

There are links to public videos, for example any YouTube video.

But if the link is to a video from a website that requires a login this error is correct.

Chris_W
Chris_W May 26 '20
The video was from YouTube.
Quote from Patricia Zorrilla

There are links to public videos, for example any YouTube video.

But if the link is to a video from a website that requires a login this error is correct.

The Forum post is edited by Chris_W May 26 '20
Chris_W
Chris_W May 26 '20
I just tried several videos from allowed sources, and the response was the same.
Chris_W
Chris_W May 26 '20
I have been experimenting:  I tried the Video Pro plugin, same result. Then I tried the Video Plus plugin, which allows video URLs as well as embed code. If I use the embed code I get the error, however if I use the video URL the video gets added and works.  I have no idea why the URL works and the embed code doesn't.
dave Leader
dave May 26 '20

It could be that youtube has changed something on their end, it has happened before.  If i remember correctly last time we had to edit one of the core files to get it to work.  Ill try to find the topic.

I also wonder if the video owner has disabled embedding or if it has to do with the new policies of youtube that require owners to indicate if videos are for kids or not.

The Forum post is edited by dave May 26 '20
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla May 26 '20

This is 100% public, try the link.

https://owspain.com/covid19.mp4

So we'll know if it's a problem with the source of the video, or its installation

Chris_W
Chris_W May 27 '20
This is interesting, I can add any youtube video using the share URL, but if I try to use the embed code I get the error message. If I try to add the video in the link you posted, I get a completely different error.

"This page isn’t working 

playmatedate.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500"

This is 100% public, try the link.

https://owspain.com/covid19.mp4

So we'll know if it's a problem with the source of the video, or its installation

The Forum post is edited by Chris_W May 27 '20
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla May 27 '20

It has to be something from your installation, maybe something from the server configuration, but that's not my specialty.

Try watching that video from a phone or another device and you'll see that it's completely public

Chris_W
Chris_W May 27 '20
It has to be some core process that any video plugin uses to add video, as the problem occurs with the default Oxwall Video plugin and The Video Pro and Video Plus plugins. Adding images or anything else works fine

It has to be something from your installation, maybe something from the server configuration, but that's not my specialty.

Try watching that video from a phone or another device and you'll see that it's completely public

Patricia Zorrilla Leader

It must be silly, I'm sure, but I can't think of any cause.Perhaps something in the HTACCESS file, I know it has very powerful directives but I have no idea how that is configured.I set mine up a lot of years ago with a very good post on this forum, but it's gone now.In case you find it useful, I put this in mine and everything works, compare it with yours and see what differences you find.

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

AddEncoding gzip .gz

AddEncoding gzip .gzip

<FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$">

ForceType text/javascript

</FilesMatch>

<FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$">

ForceType text/css

</FilesMatch>

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_cron/run\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/e500\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/captcha\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/test\.php

#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]

RewriteRule (.*) index.php

Chris_W
Chris_W May 27 '20
I replaced my .htaccess file with the standard Oxwall file, still have the same error.
Chris_W
Chris_W May 27 '20
I'm not sure if there is a connection, but this has started showing up in the Oxwall error.log.

The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls File: /home/cursoriu/playmatedate.com/ow_libraries/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_compilebase.php Line:78

Patricia Zorrilla Leader

It's not a mistake, it's a warning and you can ignore it.

That's for using PHP 7.0 with the version of Smarty that came with OxWall.

You should update Smarty, it's free.

But if you don't, it's okay, it's just a warning.

Chris_W
Chris_W Jun 3 '20
Well a big thumbs up to SD. I purchased a plugin from him which seemed to be (but wasn't) causing problems, he investigated and found and fixed a problem in the .htaccess file which cured the problem. Not only that but fixing the .htaccess file also cured the problem of not being able to use embed code to add a video  :^)
dave Leader
dave Jun 5 '20

Thanks for the update Chris_W, do you happen to know what the fix was in specific so this topic might help others who have the same issue?

Chris_W
Chris_W Jun 5 '20

Quote from dave

Thanks for the update Chris_W, do you happen to know what the fix was in specific so this topic might help others who have the same issue?

I don't but SD supplied a copy (attached) of the before and after .htaccess files. I haven't had a chance to compare them yet
Attachments:
  htaccess-files.zip (3Kb)
dave Leader
dave Jun 5 '20
Great thanks :)
Chris_W
Chris_W Jun 6 '20
After running the two files through 'Difuse' the only differences are below. Those entries have been removed.

<Directory "/home/xxxxxxxx/playmatedate.com">

Options +Indexes FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI

AllowOverride AuthConfig FileInfo

Order allow,deny

Allow from all

</Directory>

<IfModule php7_module>

php_flag display_errors Off

php_value max_execution_time 30

php_value max_input_time 60

php_value max_input_vars 1000

php_value memory_limit 256M

php_value post_max_size 128M

php_value session.gc_maxlifetime 1440

php_value session.save_path "/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php72"

php_value upload_max_filesize 128M

php_flag zlib.output_compression Off

</IfModule>

<IfModule lsapi_module>

php_flag display_errors Off

php_value max_execution_time 30

php_value max_input_time 60

php_value max_input_vars 1000

php_value memory_limit 256M

php_value post_max_size 128M

php_value session.gc_maxlifetime 1440

php_value session.save_path "/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php72"

php_value upload_max_filesize 128M

php_flag zlib.output_compression Off

</IfModule>

<IfModule mime_module>

AddHandler application/x-httpd-alt-php56 .php .php5 .phtml

</IfModule>

The Forum post is edited by Chris_W Jun 6 '20
dave Leader
dave Jun 6 '20
Thanks, i use winmerge but its all the same i suppose  :)
Pages: 1 2 »