We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

URL Shortner Plugin Suggestion | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
John Hilla
John Hilla Jul 30 '20
I tried searching as URL and then Shortner but could not find any variation of such a plug-in.

Basic concept, when a post or blog is added, a long url  will be published. Some social media pages tend to to struggle with this. But many news sites and publishers alike prefer a url shortner service.

dave Leader
dave Jul 30 '20

I found 1 by searching for friendly url, however that one called simple seo is about to be suspended because of user complaints that it does not work and also it appears the developer has abandoned their store and does not offer support.   Dev has not been active since 2017.

The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 30 '20
John Hilla
John Hilla Aug 1 '20
I suppose my next best option is to use cpanel and maintain my own url redirect service. I've used the freebies before but sometimes ad campaign can be a bit over the top. Thanks for checking.. I will be attempting to use Yourls to embed code. I will have to play with it for compatability and post my findings along the way.
The Forum post is edited by John Hilla Aug 1 '20