We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Flatty theme buttons | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
Patrick Reed
Patrick Reed Aug 17 '20
Hello, I was wondering what would be the best way to change the button colors throughout the theme from the login page through the rest of the them away from the blue color they are? Thank you
Catkin
Catkin Aug 19 '20
Hay Patrick!

I offer custom theme development and tweaks starting at only $5 for something as simple as this. DM me for more info

dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '20

There are several ways involved in changing the buttons.

1. Some of the buttons are created in css and changing the color is easy by just changing the color code. 

2. Others have been created as images and those images might be able to be edited in something like photoshop to a different color.

3. Some are icons from icon suppliers for which you can just apply a code to it in css while others are much more difficult to do because they involve vectors i believe they call them, which is a proprietary format...

I dont know it all but basically that is what i understand the main options are.  If i am wrong someone please correct me :)

Patrick Reed
Patrick Reed Aug 25 '20
Thanks ya'll, but without the ability for folks to use hashtags and there seems to  be an issue when sending links through messenger and a small laundry list of other inconveniences that my testers brought up I might have to switch platform software. Sucks after all this time and money, but I am not a coder and the coder that had said he was gonna partner with me in the beginning seems to be as reliable as a Taco Bell fart. Ya'll take care. 
dave Leader
dave Aug 25 '20

Patrick sorry to lose you if you have to switch platforms, but we all understand you have to do whats best for you and your users.    If you leave we hope to see you back here someday and also watch for something new as well...  :0 )

Best of luck always...

Dave :)