We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Music player | Forum

adam
adam Sep 1 '20

Is there a music player plugin or a way of duplicating the photo plugin, renaming it to make it work for mp3s?

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Sep 1 '20
A few years ago there were two, one very good and one just good. I bought them, but they pulled them from the store because the developer disappeared. They only handled MP3 format. It was a great loss.

adam
adam Sep 1 '20

Quote from Patricia Zorrilla A few years ago there were two, one very good and one just good. I bought them, but they pulled them from the store because the developer disappeared. They only handled MP3 format. It was a great loss.

That's a shame I was hoping to allow acts to upload their materail. I may use a duplicate of the photos plugin some how...
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Sep 1 '20
As you can see in the administrator panel, this plugin looks nothing like the photo plugin

adam
adam Sep 1 '20

Quote from Patricia Zorrilla As you can see in the administrator panel, this plugin looks nothing like the photo plugin

Your right, it doesn't :-)
dave Leader
dave Sep 2 '20

If you want to do one on a special page rather than a plugin, i had one many years ago built using a special oxwall page.  Not sure if it still works but you are welcome to try it and update it if you want.   Its pretty simple and not fancy but it did work great at its time.

here is the old topic link

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/11977

flash is a thing of the past so not sure if you want to mess with it since its flash based.

The Forum post is edited by dave Sep 2 '20
adam
adam Sep 2 '20

Quote from dave

If you want to do one on a special page rather than a plugin, i had one many years ago built using a special oxwall page.  Not sure if it still works but you are welcome to try it and update it if you want.   Its pretty simple and not fancy but it did work great at its time.

here is the old topic link

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/11977

flash is a thing of the past so not sure if you want to mess with it since its flash based.

Thanks I'll take a look, not a huge fan of flash but worth trying.
dave Leader
dave Sep 2 '20

Would  you like the files i had back then, i think i still have them somewhere ?

Yep i still have the files, as a matter of fact i made a quick little independent one that is generic so anyone could install it by just adding the folders.  

If you would like a copy it just say so...

Oh its so fun to look back at the old HTML that i did 7 years ago, i cried, then i laughed lol...  what a novice i was...

The Forum post is edited by dave Sep 2 '20
adam
adam Sep 3 '20
yeah sure can always take a look. Thanks
dave Leader
dave Sep 3 '20
ok ill pm you the file... :)
adam
adam Sep 3 '20
cheers
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Sep 3 '20

I'm going to remake this plugin and put it up for sale. It has quite a fix, the last version that was published was from 2016, it cost 19 USD. It does not have support for the mobile version, which I will add. It also does not have things like User Credits management, download permissions according to User Roles, file limits and many such details.

The options to buy a file I am going to withdraw, existing today the platforms of iTune, Amazon Music and others I do not see it interesting.

I have to redo it a lot because it can be rejected for plagiarism, which I understand, although I preferred that it be considered as a development based on a corpse.

As in other plugins, I imagine that one is going to be sold and 100 websites will enjoy it ... but I'm going to try to see what happens.

If it is well received, I will resurrect more corpses, both free and paid. More than sales, I look for "reviews" of the plugin.

The price, I will put it according to the hours I dedicate to it.

dave Leader
dave Sep 3 '20
Yep thats great patricia as long as you start from scratch there should be no issues at all with bringing the functionality and availabilty back to the game.  :)
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Sep 3 '20
The turkey is already in the oven.
dave Leader
dave Sep 3 '20
Oh great i love turkey and its almost thanksgiving, just in time :)  
dave Leader
dave Sep 4 '20
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.
adam
adam Sep 6 '20

Quote from Chris_W I have use this a couple of times and it works quite well, plus it's html5 not flash and skinable https://wimpyplayer.com/

Thanks Chris, I do remember wimplayer actually from years ago, will take another look
adam
adam Sep 6 '20

Quote from Patricia Zorrilla

I'm going to remake this plugin and put it up for sale. It has quite a fix, the last version that was published was from 2016, it cost 19 USD. It does not have support for the mobile version, which I will add. It also does not have things like User Credits management, download permissions according to User Roles, file limits and many such details.

The options to buy a file I am going to withdraw, existing today the platforms of iTune, Amazon Music and others I do not see it interesting.

I have to redo it a lot because it can be rejected for plagiarism, which I understand, although I preferred that it be considered as a development based on a corpse.

As in other plugins, I imagine that one is going to be sold and 100 websites will enjoy it ... but I'm going to try to see what happens.

If it is well received, I will resurrect more corpses, both free and paid. More than sales, I look for "reviews" of the plugin.

The price, I will put it according to the hours I dedicate to it.

Thanks Patricia, look forward to seeing what you come up with
dave Leader
dave Sep 6 '20
Adam, did you have time to play around with the files i sent you?
adam
adam Sep 7 '20

Quote from dave Adam, did you have time to play around with the files i sent you?

Not as yet Dave, will take a look later this week

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »