We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Plugin view file change is not reflecting | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Shibbir
Shibbir Oct 3 '20
I have contactus plugin on my site. Now I go to that plugin directory -> views -> controllers -> contact_index.html page. 

Now, I have changed some content on that page but after update my changes is not reflecting on the frontend. 

Is there any reasons?

dave Leader
dave Oct 3 '20

You need to clear your site cache any time you change html or js.  There is a free plugin in the store to do so or you can set devmode to true in your config file and then press cntrl-F5 on your keyboard..

Remember while in devmode the site will be very slow...   Also never run devmode and debugmode at the same time. 

Hope that helps.. :)

Shibbir
Shibbir Oct 3 '20
Thanks for your reply. Let me try it now.
Shibbir
Shibbir Oct 3 '20
What is the best way to see my every changes while I am developing my own plugin? Shall I use the dev mode then?
dave Leader
dave Oct 3 '20

the best way to see your changes is to use the chrome or FF dev tools console.  You can change css and html without having to change your file and view the results. Then once its perfect you can just add your final code to your plugin and done....  that is the best way...

You can also view the mobile view if you have one in the console as well..

Remember that sometimes especially when you are dealing with mobile, cache can be sticky and hard to clear, so if that happens try resetting your modem or cleaning your dns cache by opening up the windows command box and typing in this

ipconfig /flushdns        there is a space after ipconfig 

Shibbir
Shibbir Oct 4 '20
Thank you so much.
AppXprt
AppXprt Oct 6 '20
ipconfig /flushdns

Only flushes DNS cache.

If you can get to your site by domain name, it's not a DNS issue..

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Oct 6 '20
dave Leader
dave Oct 6 '20
Correct AppXprt... i was offering the info as part of a building awarness FYI as people dont  consider dns cache when things go wrong as much as they should.