We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Presentation of owspain.com | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Nov 29 '20

An alternative store for OxWall plugins and themes is now operational

https://owspain.com

It is completely free.

Little by little I will be adding products from the authors who have abandoned us and here their plugins are no longer available.

Products purchased there require a license to use OxWall ... At the moment.

I think it will be very interesting because you can download all the discontinued plugins for free, and even if they don't work they can serve as a basis for developing new plugins.

I will go testing and evaluating them because there are some that have serious flaws. Those that I have not tested .... Well, they have a warning.

There are also those that work very well.

Products whose price is zero do not need any license.

Developers who are interested only have to register and upload the advertising. It is not necessary to upload the product itself, as an OxWall license is required and can be purchased here.

Sellers will charge directly for their PayPal, there is no commission.

Developers who are concerned about OxWall's new store policies, the "temporary loan to test" of products to SkaDate customers, and all these disasters already have a way out.

Initially there are these conditions of use:

https://owspain.com/store/termsofuse

but I can modify them based on your comments.

I encourage all of you to register and participate, let's not let OxWall die.

dave Leader
dave Nov 29 '20
My plugins will be added
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Dec 15 '20

Participate, register!

It's free, there are already hundreds of plugins there and there will be more and more.

https://owspain.com

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Dec 15 '20
Feel free to add, or use my free themes.  I still look in, but see the walls continuing to crumble.  Someone posted that they couldn't  download one of my free themes.
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
It is already repaired. This website is running in PHP 7.2 and JavaScript bugs are emerging ... This is now fixed.
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Thanks for helping! I'll upload them ... if I have them, if I'm missing one, I'll ask you.Yes, the download links in OxWall do not work, there is a post about it.For developers who have paid plugins and do not trust me .... You can upload only advertising and submit your articles by another method.
Quote from Darryl B Feel free to add, or use my free themes.  I still look in, but see the walls continuing to crumble.  Someone posted that they couldn't  download one of my free themes.

dave Leader
dave Dec 15 '20

Patricia, i have uploaded to your site what i usually sell, i dont think you want me to upload my store plugin to your store lol... so i didnt do that one.  The others i dont get hardly any sales and will add them as things go.... 

I think you are doing a great thing patricia and i applaud your dedication and i support your mission to save Oxwall in some form. 

Last i heard there is a certificate error for the oxwall download on one of the browsers, i reported it.   So someone is there somewhere doing something.

One thing to keep in mind patricia is that you need to be sure that you let people know that everything you are doing is legal and proper.   I cannot  speak for the other developers but i suspect and this is only a guess "because you said they had concerns" about trust, that they are worried about you grabbing everything no matter what and putting in on your store.   As a developer yourself you should understand how that sounds. 

I have faith that what your doing is the right way... But you need to reassure the other developers  that this is the case.  I think once you are able to show them what your doing and how, they will trust you more.   I know sometimes the translation does not go well but i think if you provide for them some kind of policy or rules about which plugins qualify for your store, how you test them.  What you look for and that sort of thing, i think they will feel better about it.    I think that is the problem and why you have little traffic because they might feel "well if she takes those she will take mine too". You need to be very clear about what your doing and how...   Then you will build trust.... :)  

I will upload some more of mine by tomorrow to help you out.   Remember be transparent all that you can to let others know that you have boundaries and rules and that will make them feel better....   Get the word out and im sure you will have more traffic.  

Lets hope that oxwall does not go dark in the near future as alot of uses will be hurting.  I also know that Skadate has a new version, i heard it through chatter so someone is still working over there.

Maybe add a policies page to the owspain, i think that will help you alot... :)

The Forum post is edited by dave Dec 15 '20
Patricia Zorrilla Leader

The problem is that if there are not many plugins, it is not attractive and the people who visit it conclude that it is not worth it and they do not return.

At the moment I have focused on uploading free plugins so that content can be seen and I will be uploading more and more ...

For those of payment, then if the author uploads them ok, and if not I will upload only the advertising and if someone is interested in addressing the author, but physically they will not be nor can they be bought if the author does not upload them.

If they see that there are more plugins, maybe they will cheer up.

I have not wanted to write very elaborate rules, if I get the support of more developers I prefer to elaborate them together.

The tests that I will do so that they have the endorsement will be the basic ones to install and uninstall without leaving residues as well as not interfering with other popular plugins. If they do not have that guarantee, then the buyer will only be warned that it is not proven but can buy it, they have already been warned.

I will not be able to try any until the store is more full, it takes a lot of work to upload photos that I have to capture from oxwall store so it will take a few months, buyers should trust the author just as owspain trusts that their works are not a fraud because they are put up for sale instantly.

My priority is not to lose more OxWall users, and for developers to offer potential clients, an already developed platform and a collection of plugins that they can remake, there are many that adding support for the mobile version are already interesting.

I don't know to what extent all of this is legal, but I'm not going to let OxWall die or stop being open source.

The Forum post is edited by Patricia Zorrilla Dec 15 '20
Ken
Ken Dec 16 '20
I love you Patricia for caring I’ve signed in your site downloaded a few plugins seems like you can only download one plugin a day but hey knowing there’s somebody out there that cares is fair to respect. That’s the kind of administrator we need on oxwall someone who stands for something for the people hope your hard work pays off....
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Dec 17 '20

Initially I have established that the payment plugins you can buy and download unlimitedly.

But for the free ones, you have to issue an assessment to be able to download another one, I think it is a good idea to coerce a bit to issue assessments on all these old Aron, Purus plugins and all these that are no longer going to support them.

There are plugins that are very good and work very well: the one that sends an email to the admin when someone registers, the one that makes all users friends with the administrator ... They are no longer in OxWall. It is important that they have stars and ratings.

There are others like some of Aron that have never worked quite well, here they had terrible evaluations. However, it is important that these works are not lost in case a developer wants to rebuild them, for example his store with a shopping cart has no equivalent and it is a very complete plugin, but it has serious bugs.

I think it doesn't take a lot of effort to write a few lines and you help other users with your experience.

It also serves so that you cannot download all the plugins in the same session, I have to ensure that the web has a rational use.

If anyone comes up with an idea of ​​how to do it better, we will discuss it.

Thanks Ken for commenting on https://owspain.com, if it grows in members and content it will be for the benefit of all and only by commenting on it will new visits and members be obtained.

Sumate
Sumate Dec 17 '20
This initiative by Patricia to keep this software alive is great and excellent, I finished uploading all my add-ons to the web, I hope this helps this community and this great software not die.
dave Leader
dave Dec 17 '20

Everyone please be extremely careful with Arons old plugins, he used sql (queries to and from the database) outside the secure environment provided by oxwalls pdo. Which also means that none of the information was sanitized properly. Unless those issues are fixed i would not put them on a live server, you are asking for trouble...

I think the term "it works wonderful" has been tossed around alot lately and it may give people the wrong impression.  I know it is not intentional but here is my point.  When i say "it works wonderful" i say that with the intent that it has no errors and has no other issues.  If i has issue then i wont use that term.

I dont know if everyone uses that term with the same meaning.  But in my time with Oxwall i have seen many servers where the admin will say "everything is running smoothly" or "it works wolderful"  and yet their server error logs growing faster than that server can keep up with them. 

Remember folks, just because issues do not show on your screen does not mean they dont exist.  Making a decision that "everything runs wonderful" by what shows on your screen is probably why most of the error logs i have seen by admins have been huge, because they never check them and never clean them out.  I have seen many logs that are so huge that the server wont even open them, i cant even open them on my pc because they are so huge. 

Part of being an admin is doing the stuff that is not fun, and that is log checking and maintenance... :)

Always check your logs, if you dont know how then ask we will show you.  Now, if there are no errors in your logs, and nothing in the console for js, and nothing on your screen, then you can pretty much safely say its running wonderful, because it is.

I also hope that patricias site succeeds.

The Forum post is edited by dave Dec 17 '20
Stan Jensen
Stan Jensen Dec 21 '20
am still getting 404 errors when I am logged in, when I manually type in oxwallspain.com it take me back to owspain.com and am logged in then.
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Dec 21 '20

True, they warned me that the rules forbid using URLs that include "OxWall" but they could be used using "Ox" and "Ow", so I registered a new domain and had oxwallspain.com redirect to owspain.com from the server.

The redirect works correctly ... at least to me!

Yes, it is registered in my name, the real one, "Patricia" is just a nick

I can no longer find where those rules are, really https://wiki.oxwall.com/index is a mess, not only they have not updated it since 2016 but most of the articles are missing.

dave Leader
dave Dec 21 '20
Patricia i think that is because since we did not have access to the wiki only den has it. Before he left and retired Oxgermany i think put some of the stuff in files on this site so we had access.  So i guess they must have removed them from the wiki after that.   I dont know what happened but that is my best guest...
Ken
Ken Dec 30 '20
Arons plugins are great if u ever brought one of them he never loads the working full plugin on oxwall every plugin I bought from Aron was amazing because he would send me the real plugin via email cause he knew the pirates are always active so he’s smart in his own ways not to put the whole functional plugins on oxwall and would only give out the demo version where parcel works but hey life goes on
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Dec 31 '20

If you want to collaborate by contributing a plugin of these in owspain you already know that you can.

I am making new plugins and new versions of some old ones like this one from the store (see image), I think it is more urgent than uploading things to the "plugin museum", if someone is looking for a specific one, they only have to ask for it.

dave Leader
dave Dec 31 '20

Ken that goes to show your inexperience when it comes to quality and safety.  Sadly you are not alone. There are many out there that decide if a plugin is great or not by what is on the outside.  A developer could easily give you junk that exposes your site to all kinds of very bad things and you would still praise them because it just happened to "look good" but you are not the only one that falls for the "eye candy" foolishness. 

I looked at many of arons plugins, let me put it in plain english for you "he is a hack" and what i mean by that is this..  he hacks his way through the code, trying this and trying that because he has no idea what he is doing, and if he finds something that just happens to work, then he will leave it as is, no safety precautions, no sanitation, no protection from sql injection, he just sells it just like it is.

I was shocked when i saw his first code, i even sent a dire message to Oxwall about the risk he was passing around.  Oxwall did catch a few things but they never checked it again after the initial failure, they just passed it, and that allowed all that junk coding to be passed around so who knows where it is today.

In plain and simple terms, if you use one of arons plugins you are risking  all the hard work you have done going right down the drain because you will be exposed.  None of his code that i saw  followed any of the normal protection that Oxwall offers, or any basic php protection at all for that matter.

So enjoy your eye candy, because under all that sugar are all kinds of very bad security risks.  And that is fact! 

Ken
Ken Dec 31 '20
Should you show us like illustrate how can we see your point besides just saying it examples of such back up your statement as your plugins are old fashioned, not mobile friendly, and doesn’t work with AWS so mr. show me
The Forum post is edited by Ken Dec 31 '20
Ken
Ken Dec 31 '20
Everything was pulled from the store and yes I believe in my opinion Dave only wants his plugins on here to eliminate the competition I can read between the lines I can see the pre-agenda before the agenda still if he say all this he should demonstrate or show prove to those accusations to those that doesn’t know beside texting
Pages: 1 2 »