We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Compatibility with php 7.4 - DOC Plus | Forum

Nicolas
Nicolas Jun 22 '21

Hello,

Does your plugin work on php 7.4 ?

dave Leader
dave Jun 22 '21
As long as you have oxwall working on 7.4, it should.  Are you having an issue?
Nicolas
Nicolas Jul 1 '21

Hello,

Yes I have an issue, nothing works.

I tried to upload a file and nothing happened.

dave Leader
dave Jul 1 '21

ok  there are several things we can check to be sure the server is set up correctly for uploads and that the plugin is configed properly.

I can check it out for you if you would like.    I would need an admin account for the site and the site url so i can test it.  Would you like me to do that?

dave Leader
dave Jul 1 '21
Please be sure the docplusdocuments folder in the oxwall root install is writable, see the readme.txt file that is included with the download of the plugin for explanation.
Nicolas
Nicolas Jul 2 '21

I have followed your explanation in the readme.txt file.

I'm gonna check with my server guy, about the writable folder, and I'll come back to you,

Thank you,

Regards.

dave Leader
dave Jul 2 '21
Your very welcome, let me know ill be around and ill help ya get it going :) 
Nicolas
Nicolas Jul 16 '21

Hello,

I checked with my server guy, and he says that the folders ow_pluginfiles and ow_userfiles are writable, also all the folders inside them.

Nicolas
Nicolas Jul 16 '21
In which folder the documents should be ?
dave Leader
dave Jul 16 '21
I dont use the default oxwall folders ow_userfiles because it auto deletes the files for the plugin if you uninstall the plugin and i thought it would be better to keep the files and let the admin decide what files to remove.  So i use a special folder called /docplusdocuments   its in the public_html  or root oxwall (same area as ow_pluginfiles).   That is where the docs are stored and that folder needs to be writable.    Do you see that folder listed?  Is there anything inside it?
Nicolas
Nicolas Jul 16 '21

Ok, I understand. But no, I don't have it.

I have to create it ? and make it writable ?

dave Leader
dave Jul 16 '21

Yes you can create it manually, give it 755 permissions and add this htaccess inside the folder.   you will have to create a .htaccess file inside that folder and then copy the contents of the text file attached to that htaccess file

remember the /docplusdocuments folder should be in  oxwall/docplusdocuments

The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 16 '21
Attachments:
  htaccess.txt (0Kb)
Nicolas
Nicolas Jul 20 '21

Thank you, It works now but I had to give it 777 permissions.

Thank you for your help.

dave Leader
dave Jul 20 '21
Great so glad you got it working and glad i could help.    Depending on the main server config yeah sometimes it requires 777, great job :)
Nicolas
Nicolas Jul 21 '21

Hello,

I get a problem with your plugin, it does an "Uncaught SyntaxError: identifier starts immediately after numeric literal" (screenshot)

dave Leader
dave Jul 21 '21

Hi, that is not from my plugin that is from oxwall.   Please allow me some time and i will try to track down the issue. 

see here

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Errors/Identifier_after_number

did you edit any oxwall files?

The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 21 '21
Nicolas
Nicolas Jul 23 '21
Yes I did edit few files because my server use php 7.4, so I had to change few things.
dave Leader
dave Jul 23 '21

What its telling you is that somewhere you have a js var that starts with a number.  Js vars have to start with a letter and then there can be a number after that.  

Ill poke around my copy and see if find anything, but take a look at those files in the error and the line numbers and see if you see anything that starts with a number. 

You do not have permission to reply this topic