We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to integrate data From subdomain to main domain. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Nov 26 '12
My question may be weird but may be possible. I have a main domain and a sub domain (www.bookerzmedia.com and personals.bookerzmedia.com) automatically with the same hosting. They also offer the same content (both OXWALL SCRIPTS). I used the sub as testing site, but now it has grown to attract over a thousand users. In all cases, I can't keep both as separate sites.the work is draining me. I want to integrate the sub into the main in a way that users on the sub will not lose any data of theirs (user name,password,pictures, etc,)and anytime they visit the sub, they will be redirected to the main domain. I will then shut down the sub after some time. Is this possible?
Thanks
Alia Team
Alia Nov 28 '12
Kumi, would you like to save users and data that you have on main domain name and PLUS you would like to add to this database users and data from your testing area?
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Nov 28 '12
Hi,
I want to add the users from the testing domain to the main domain. I want to save users' data (passwords,usernames,photo albums,blogs,events,links,anything possible), and add this data to the main domain. I also want to keep the users data in the main domain.
Can it work by just backing up the database in subdomain  and importing it to the database of the main domain?
Thanks for your help sister.