We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

register without checking email | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
mack
mack Feb 25 '11
Hi.
Someone can explain me how I can change the method of registration without email confirmation and instant access without being blocked.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Because I've been looking at the control panel and there is no function to disable it. so I'm trying to do manual and I need some help thanks.

The registration method has some problems sometimes the email confirmation is not received by the user and sometimes the email is sent to junk some people do not find, for this reason I wish to disable this function
Den Team
Den Feb 25 '11
Hey
You can disable email verification in Admin Panel->Main Settings->User settings
mack
mack Feb 25 '11
if I've been trying that but yet always ends blocked each new user on standby for this url http://www.mysite.com/network/email-verify then some people do not want to continue the registration process need to disable the page or cookie that does that http://www.mysite.com/network/email-verify.

Alan
Alan Nov 8 '11
I got a question regarding this subject, and thanks for reminding me how to turn it off lol.

Basically I need to change the email for this >.< I put the wrong one in and I think that's why I am unable to email verify etc. 

"
If you don't receive email please add something@email.com to your whitelist/address book/contact list."
Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 8 '11
/admin/settings 

site email
Alan
Alan Nov 8 '11
I did that but it still says something@email.com and not what I have changed it to?
Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 9 '11
Edit it in the language settings.

yoursite.com/admin/languages?&search=If%20you%20don't%20receive%20email

Please confirm your email address.<br/>Click "Send" button to receive a letter with the confirmation code to your email address.
</p>
<p>
<b>If you don't receive email</b> please add <i>{$site_email}</i> to your whitelist/address book/contact list.
</p>
Change the {$site_email}  to whatever you want. 

savvas
savvas Nov 17 '11

Quote from mack Hi.
Someone can explain me how I can change the method of registration without email confirmation and instant access without being blocked.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Because I've been looking at the control panel and there is no function to disable it. so I'm trying to do manual and I need some help thanks.

The registration method has some problems sometimes the email confirmation is not received by the user and sometimes the email is sent to junk some people do not find, for this reason I wish to disable this function
This were you unclick the enable checkbox and that will stop the email verification i think
http://yourdomain/admin/pages/splash-screen
Alan
Alan Nov 19 '11
savvas it was already explained by addenster. Splash screen is to enter the site and if not mistaken is turned off as standard. I find the Splash screen is only going to be any good if the site is adult themed in which case it would probably ask for an age verification or if it doesn't you could probably add some html so that it does.