We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Installing Oxwall - Howto. | Forum

Jordan Shaw
Jordan Shaw Feb 27 '11
Hello, users.

Just to make you aware that I have recorded myself created an oxwall powered website for YouTube. yes, it's quite long and I may sound stupidly noobish in some area's but it works out fine, I think.

Haha. Soo, just a heads up that if you know someone who wants to do it, but doesn't know how then you could probs send them to that vid. Haha.

Here it is: Installing Oxwall
The Forum post is edited by Jordan Shaw Feb 27 '11
Emil Team
Emil Feb 27 '11
Nice work! Thanks for your input.
Jordan Shaw
Jordan Shaw Feb 27 '11
Haha, it's kind of like a "noob-friendly" tutorial. I think, it is best to just watch what happens haha. I over-complicate things when talking but no problems ^^
Nishat Shahriyar
Nishat Shahriyar Aug 10 '11
Can oxwall create a text tutorial on how to install oxwall at hostgator only for newbie with photos and description. the tutorial here is so complicated. :(

BTW i am a newbie and i am running a site at wall.fm .I want to transfer it near future at hostgator
Ali
Ali Aug 14 '11
this is the 4th thread i'v seen today about 'installing'  it simply doesn't work cross platform. you have to 'one of the lucky ones' to have a system that will install this out of the box.
Having given up trying to install this on my webserver, i installed a VirtualBox windows 7 , downloading WAMP isntalled , grab the latest download. and gues what ?  the exact same problem..

So , thats Centos 5.3 - fail
apache-modSSL
php5.0
Debian 6 - fail
PHP Version: 5.3.3-7
Windows + WAMP - fail .
out of the box install ^

still no help from any OXwall rep/staffer  exept one guy talking about DNS settings - completly off topic and has nothing to do with the problem raised.

with alot of people having the exact same problem with the installer , could no one post a work around ( like a blank config.php to be filled out) ? or better yet , update the installer that clearly doesn't work for a vast majority of people...

RE the other posts by 'TEAM' members who say " we cant replicate these results" get in touch with me any time, i will show you exactly how to replicate this problem... 

The Forum post is edited by Ali Aug 14 '11
Attachments:
  fail.gif (12.86Kb)
  debian-fail.gif (9.08Kb)
Den Team
Den Aug 16 '11
@Ali
I have sent you PM.
Koyas Uddin
Koyas Uddin Mar 14 '13
dude, i need your help!