We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

poster's avatar replaced by avatar who liked | Forum

John
John Apr 30 '16
Ok, after upgrading to Oxwall 1.8.2  I (once again) commented out that line in /ow_plugins/newsfeed/components/feed_item.php as per Bobby's post of Feb 22, 2013. 

Note: In Oxwall 1.8.2, the relevant line in feed_item.php is line 192

Since then, I'm getting this error message in my error.log file, over and over again:

[ow_core_log] [Notice] Message: Undefined variable: shouldExtend File: /home/hypwatch/public_html/ow_plugins/newsfeed/components/feed_item.php Line:195

Have I missed something?
dave Leader
dave Jun 6 '16
The reason you are getting that notice (not fatal error) is that the variable $shouldExtend is not initialized before using it.  

I do not recommend commenting out lines in the core. However if you do then atleast initialize the variable so that the notice you get will go away. 

right ABOVE this 

$shouldExtend = $this->displayType == NEWSFEED_CMP_Feed::DISPLAY_TYPE_ACTIVITY && $lastActivity !== null;

just add this 

if(!isset($shouldExtend)) { $shouldExtend = ''; }

that should take care of it. :)

Ralph Weber
Ralph Weber Aug 2 '16
Is this possible for comments as well? Right now, if somebody posts a picture, and somebody else comments on it, the picture shows up on the top of the newsfeed but with the commenter's avatar next to it instead of the author's.

I don't understand enough php to find this in the code :-/

WOO
WOO Aug 3 '16
I have tested this code, but seems do not work?
Quote from dave The reason you are getting that notice (not fatal error) is that the variable $shouldExtend is not initialized before using it.  

I do not recommend commenting out lines in the core. However if you do then atleast initialize the variable so that the notice you get will go away. 

right ABOVE this 

$shouldExtend = $this->displayType == NEWSFEED_CMP_Feed::DISPLAY_TYPE_ACTIVITY && $lastActivity !== null;

just add this 

WOO
WOO Aug 3 '16
Is it weird that no one will fix it? Even devs?

Is it a big problem? Or a small problem? Or not a problem?

..............    :(

John
John Aug 6 '16
Interestingly, I have not had to re-do the modification to avoid this problem after updating to Oxwall 1.8.4
dave Leader
dave Aug 6 '16
not sure then unless $shouldExtend is an array for which it would be 

$shouldExtend = array();

But it sounds like its null and there is no check for that so when it tries to display it pops the notice because its null. 

John
John Aug 6 '16
@dave
Sorry, I wasn't clear.

I haven't had to re-do the modification to avoid the initial "Poster's avatar replaced by avatar who liked" problem in 1.8.4.

I did have to do it with EVERY other upgrade since I started using Oxwall (1.8.0)
The Forum post is edited by John Aug 6 '16
Yevhen
Yevhen Aug 9 '16
Same problem of misunderstanding for my English, American, Russian, Ukrainian, Belorus, Polish and other language users. When will it be fixed?
Vincent Ka
Vincent Ka Aug 23 '16
Couldn't you fix this confusion in CSS and have it display like this:

Yevhen
Yevhen Oct 6 '16
How did You do this?
Yevhen
Yevhen Apr 11 '17

Quote from dave The reason you are getting that notice (not fatal error) is that the variable $shouldExtend is not initialized before using it.  

right ABOVE this 

just add this 

Thanks! Working!
tohid
tohid May 1 '20
hi itested code some time not corect work have new update .??

John
John Jun 11 '20
It would be really, really nice (and well overdue) if this could be resolved in the next release of Oxwall (seeing there's finally some movement to make Oxwall great again - thanks @Dave !), or at least by a plugin
dave Leader
dave Jun 27 '20
Change has been commited to gitHub
carson
carson Mar 10
In North Vancouver, reliable hot water tank services are essential for maintaining a comfortable living environment. Residents depend on these services to ensure their hot water systems operate efficiently year-round. From routine maintenance to repairs and replacements, North Vancouver offers a variety of professional hot water Hot water tank services north vancouver to address any issues promptly. Skilled technicians possess the expertise to diagnose problems accurately and provide effective solutions, ensuring residents have consistent access to hot water whenever needed. With their commitment to quality service and customer satisfaction, hot water tank services in North Vancouver play a crucial role in keeping homes functional and comfortable, no matter the season.
Pages: « 1 2 3