We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Page 500 Error missing sql database table - Membership Level | Forum

Bob (Coder Whacker)
On a test for Jacq site Purus after uploading your upgrade we are getting a page 500 error on opening the admin area.

Message:     SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'personbo_oxwa753.ow_levels_level_list' doesn't exist
File:     /home/personbo/public_html/swapworkshop/ow_core/database.php
Line:     331
Trace:    

#0 /home/personbo/public_html/swapworkshop/ow_core/database.php(331): PDOStatement->execute()
#1 /home/personbo/public_html/swapworkshop/ow_core/database.php(498): OW_Database->execute('SELECT level FR...', NULL)
#2 /home/personbo/public_html/swapworkshop/ow_plugins/levels/bol/level_dao.php(88): OW_Database->queryForList('SELECT level FR...')
#3 /home/personbo/public_html/swapworkshop/ow_plugins/levels/bol/service.php(65): LEVELS_BOL_LevelDao->getDuplicateLevels()
#4 /home/personbo/public_html/swapworkshop/ow_plugins/levels/init.php(30): LEVELS_BOL_Service->getDuplicateLevels()
#5 [internal function]: levels_add_admin_notification(Object(BASE_CLASS_EventCollector))
#6 /home/personbo/public_html/swapworkshop/ow_core/event_manager.php(188): call_user_func('levels_add_admi...', Object(BASE_CLASS_EventCollector))
#7 /home/personbo/public_html/swapworkshop/ow_system_plugins/admin/classes/master_page.php(99): OW_EventManager->trigger(Object(BASE_CLASS_EventCollector))
#8 /home/personbo/public_html/swapworkshop/ow_core/master_page.php(56): ADMIN_CLASS_MasterPage->init()
#9 /home/personbo/public_html/swapworkshop/ow_system_plugins/admin/controllers/abstract.php(51): OW_MasterPage->__construct()
#10 [internal function]: ADMIN_CTRL_Abstract->__construct()
#11 /home/personbo/public_html/swapworkshop/ow_core/request_handler.php(235): ReflectionClass->newInstance()
#12 /home/personbo/public_html/swapworkshop/ow_core/application.php(317): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch()
#13 /home/personbo/public_html/swapworkshop/index.php(65): OW_Application->handleRequest()
#14 {main}

Type:     PDOException

I gather that you have forgot to add a table "ow_levels_level_list" for the sql data base

Could you please  let me know the create table statement?
Bob (Coder Whacker)
I think I have solved the problem I just imported an old copy of ow_levels_level_list and now things are seemingly working ready to be tested by my client
Purusothaman Ramanujam
The issue is that installation/upgrade is not done properly. Happy that you solved it.
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Your welcome its just a small glitch can understand how it happened. Thanks 
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Welcome.
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Mar 10 '13
I have put your plugin on test on Jacq's site http://swapworkshop.com yesterday it seem to be working fine. There where 4 active users and every thing was working fine.

But today I logged in and there is only me registered as being active?

Looks like this plugin only registers people when they are on line, is that so? 

Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Mar 10 '13
Have you upgraded including the missing table yet?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
There are no missing tables in the plugin. As told before, there was some improper installation/upgrade in your server.

Regarding the issue, I have already replied for this to your client. I am waiting for the inputs based on my reply.
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Mar 11 '13
At the time I was very busy on a project... 

This was a normal install on Jacq's server of your new updated plugin she installed the plugin to test. I gather from my client whom states "I told him about this problem 4 weeks ago and his response was that "he could not reproduce the problem" and that was that!"

I did not place this on my test server but see from the bug report that the table was missing.

She informed me 5 hours ago on a PM. 

Bob (Coder Whacker)

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam There are no missing tables in the plugin. As told before, there was some improper installation/upgrade in your server.

How was the upgrade supposed to be done?

Was the old version supposed to be installed first then upgraded? 

The Forum post is edited by Bob (Coder Whacker) Mar 11 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Bob (Coder Whacker) How was the upgrade supposed to be done?

When you copy the updated version, its going to overlay the files. After that in the Admin plugin sections, it will ask for you to upgrade. This will take care of update process. If this is not done, updates wont happen properly. I believe this is the case that has happened. This is the general logic for oxwall plugins update.

Quote from Bob (Coder Whacker) Was the old version supposed to be installed first then upgraded?

Not required.

Bob (Coder Whacker)
Okay we will try that
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Please let me know how it goes.
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Mar 13 '13
What seems to be happening is the scoring looks okay, but the scores are only shown when members are online. As soon as they log off their scores disappear from the score board. I am continuing the test when the site activity goes up normally late after noon and evening in Europe. Plus over the next three days or so to see if the scores are correct etc. Tomorrow I will take some screen shots, so you can see what is happening     
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Are you still testing for your client? Your client already shared those screenshots.

I asked her to test on my demo and let me know if she see issues on there.
Bob (Coder Whacker)
I am doing a independent test of which will end up with me analyzing the source code if I find a problem. What my client does is of course up to my client.  I have been asked to test and analyze the problem. 

Day one I am seeing a problem that on my dashboard I am seeing level 4 and 76 points and like two other members I am see on the top member list level 6 and 519 points.
Bob (Coder Whacker)

The plugin set up

Bob (Coder Whacker)

They went of line and logged out

Now back to?

Let see what happen next when members come on line and there is activity. 

Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Bob (Coder Whacker) I am doing a independent test of which will end up with me analyzing the source code if I find a problem. What my client does is of course up to my client. I have been asked to test and analyze the problem.

You are free to do that.

I already got all those above screenshots.

My question is that, I asked your client to get back to me on findings on my demo site. Can you reproduce that on my demo site?
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Mar 14 '13
i have been on your demo site and the plugin is working well. I my consideration I really think that Jacq needs to download the new version as it is on your demo site. Can you confirm if the upgrade and the old version is deleted from Jacq site. The new version will install with out the need of the old version.

As it is we are seeing big problems concerning this plugin installed the way you suggested.

What I would like to see is a version that will work exactly like it does on your demo site as i am sure it should work if the installation is correct as we have noted concerning most other plugins. This problem seems to be an installation problem, upgrading seems to be part of the problem. So there is a need for a version install. 

This has to be an installation problem... Its a good plugin. I will delete the plugin from Jacq site and await you to contact her and maybe send her the version you are using on your demo site.      
The Forum post is edited by Bob (Coder Whacker) Mar 14 '13
Pages: 1 2 »
This topic is locked
You do not have permission to reply this topic