We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Symbols in username | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Donamix
Donamix Mar 5 '13
Is it possible to accept symbols in the profile username edit?

I have a Flash video chat integrated with oxwall,

My members are complaining about not having symbols as their nicknames..

Well, they can edit their nickname in the chat after they log in ..

But i was wondering if it's possible also in the site to have symbols on their username..when they sign up or when they edit username in profile..

Alia Team
Alia Mar 5 '13
This is custom code modification. Good place to start with is validator.php (/ow_utilities).
Donamix
Donamix Mar 8 '13
Quote from Aliia This is custom code modification. Good place to start with is validator.php (/ow_utilities).

Thanks, who can help me with this?
Alia Team
Alia Mar 11 '13
Donamix, try finding a developer at Oxwall Market or contact plugin developers individually via PM.
BobbieHughes
BobbieHughes Aug 30 '23
Symbols in usernames play a pivotal role in conveying hidden meanings, offering users a creative canvas to express their identity or affiliations within the digital realm. In an era where online identities are becoming increasingly important, the incorporation of symbols in usernames provides a fascinating glimpse into the diverse meanings individuals seek to convey in the virtual spaces they inhabit.These symbols, whether they be emojis, special characters, or even subtle punctuation marks, can serve as a form of personal branding, cultural reference, or inside joke, adding depth and nuance to an otherwise straightforward username.