We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

About OxArt Advanced SEO - Oxwall Art Advanced SEO | Forum

Sardar
Sardar Mar 24 '13

OxArt Advanced SEO plugin is intended to get more visitors to your Oxwall site. It incorporates wide range of tools for Oxwall SEO optimization. There’s a full feature list for the base plugin below:

Optimize titles, meta descriptions and URLs

The main tool working on this is `Frontend Meta Edit form` - yes, you can edit everything right on the site page; it helps tuning meta info on particular page for better SEO targeting. This form is available on all pages while you are logged in as site administrator. You can override page title, keywords, description and page URL here. There are some limitations for URL editing, some of them are not editable at all and some of them are editable partially. It was made to keep you from messing up a site routing system.

The same form is available in the plugin Admin Panel (Pages tab). Here you can open `Frontend Meta Edit form` for any page just entering the URL. You can have an access to pages which logged in users can not get to (sign-in, join, etc).

Keep in mind that all meta info in SEO plugin refers not to URL, but to combination of Controller/Action/Params (not GET params, but route params). That means if the page is available by 2 URLs, it will have the same meta info.

Global Meta Info Override

This function is available in the first tab of plugin admin panel - `General`. Here you can override keywords and description of all pages from one place (except pages modified with `Frontend Meta Edit form` since global settings have less priority). It's not recommended to override whole default meta info, because you can loose a lot of page specific meta data. Try to use this tool to add prefix or postfix to default title and description, or to add some global keywords.

Examples:

`My title prefix string: {$defaultTitle}` - all pages will have `My specific prefix string:` at the beginning of the title;

`{$defaultDesc} my desc postfix string` - 'my desc postfix string' will be added to the end of the all pages description;

`{$defaultKeywords}, my_keyword1, my_keyword2` - added 2 extra keywords to all pages;

Page slugs

Poor URLs is a frequent SEO issue, they can impair rankings and keep pages out of the search engine indexes. This plugin can solve the issue in several clicks, feel free to say `Yes` to SEO friendly URLs. Real entity names will be used instead of dull IDs. The function supports 5 plugins (Video, Events, Blogs, Groups and Forum).

Using stop-words option you can get rid of common useless words in URLs, this can increase SEO weight of slugged URLs.

Old slug redirect option can help you to avoid broken links on your site, it tracks the changes in entity titles and if somebody comes with old slugged URL, the plugin will redirect him to the right URL.

Unicode slugs are also supported (starting from version 1.2).

Edit robots.txt

You are free to edit your robots.txt file contents in this section. You can read about robots.txt options here

XML Sitemaps

XML Sitemaps are an essential part of current day SEO, so this plugin (starting from the version 1.2) includes site and image sitemaps for your Oxwall site. The Image Sitemap includes all photos not only from photo plugin, but also from all attachments, forum posts, blogs posts, custom pages, etc. This data is used for google image search function.

On `Sitemap Settings` page there are 4 settings:
sitemap URL, image sitemap URL - you can change sitemap URLs to avoid URL overlapping with other plugins;
update frequency - here you can specify how often your site-maps should be updated;
ping search engines - select search engines to be notified on sitemap update completion.

Broken resources detection

The plugin detects and shows broken internal, external URLs and broken images. While generating sitemaps the plugin checks every page and image that is accessible to crawlers. You can see this info in `Sitemap Info` tab.

The Forum post is edited by Sardar Mar 24 '13
This topic is sticky
This topic is locked
You do not have permission to reply this topic