What is GeekZone? What does it do?

GeekZone is a community organisation that brings geeks together through events, activities and projects. For example, this includes cinema visits, LAN parties and workshops, as well as the GeekBar and GeekBus. 

It does not matter what your interest is, there are people at GeekZone who love it just as much as you do. Perhaps even more!

Why should I join?

Events

GeekZone runs tonnes of awesome events that let you experience new, exciting things that you might not otherwise get the chance to do.

Projects

GeekZone is building some truly exciting projects which members have the opportunity to participate in

Friends

By joining GeekZone, you join a community of people that love the same stuff that you do. You will make new friends and together, experience things in a way that simply is not possible with non-geeks; they just don't get it.

Where is GeekZone based?

GeekZone has five "Districts" across Britain and virtual space, a number that is growing rapidly. These are 

GeekZoneCoventry Coventry & West Midlands
GeekZoneChelmsford Chelmsford & East Essex
GeekZoneLondon London
GeekZoneMinecraft Minecraft & Virtual Space
GeekZoneHarlow Harlow & West Essex

How much does it cost?

GeekZone membership is free. Yes, that's right, zip, zero, nada, $0, £0, €0 - even ¥0!

Some events do have external costs, such as venue hire, refreshments, tickets etc. Where possible, GeekZone always tries to keep these as low as possible so that everyone can enjoy everything together.

How do I get involved?

Join

The first thing to do is join! This lets you become part of the community right now. There's blogs, discussions, cute cat photos - so much to get your teeth into.

Come Along

Next, come along to an event. Each District runs its calendar via meetup, so take a look at your local one or join us at GeekZoneMinecraft!

Wiki

Finally, head over to the GeekZoneWiki and create an account there too. This is where everything GeekZone is stored and managed, and since it's open for everyone to edit, you can make changes too!

Where can I find more information?

You can learn more about GeekZone on our wiki:

Too Long, Didn't Read:

GeekZone is a community of geeks. We run events and projects across Britain that let you meet new friends and enjoy what you love with people that get it. Get involved now!