We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

HELP 911! pay for one page? free people - Paid Membership | Forum

connie willis
connie willis Apr 8 '13

1. if "hide" the JOIN page, and i get a whole bunch of free users to my site,  will i lose those that did join for free when i put the JOIN page up one day?
2. how can i give FREE subscriptions to friends and family if i want to after i start taking money to subscribe?
3. how can i allow the "free" people to continue to have all access as before when i begin to take money for subscriptions?
4. how do we set it up where everything is free, except one page that i change or add weekly?

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Apr 9 '13
Connie,

>>1. if "hide" the JOIN page, and i get a whole bunch of free users to my site,  will i lose those that did join for free when i put the JOIN page up one day?

You will not lose anybody. User registers>>he is saved in the database and will remain there until user himself or you as site admin delete him.

>>2. how can i give FREE subscriptions to friends and family if i want to after i start taking money to subscribe?

Paid membership plugin is based on standard "User Roles" feature that comes with Oxwall.

As site admin you an always give needed user role to needed users.

>>3. how can i allow the "free" people to continue to have all access as before when i begin to take money for subscriptions?

Users who have been assigned certain user role will have this particular user role until you change this as admin.

>>4. how do we set it up where everything is free, except one page that i change or add weekly?

This again can be done via user roles and permissions.

You can assign which pages will be accessible for certain user role in admin panel>>privacy&permissions>>roles.

connie willis
connie willis Apr 9 '13
thank you for a reply.

i need a bit more help. can you give me the step by step for each of these 1-4? it sounds easy, but step by step will help me as i tried doing these things and could  not.

on question #4. i want to have a video on the page that they pay for. these steps are very important for me to understand

thank you

connie willis
connie willis Apr 25 '13
ok, i have a User role for a particular page.  please explain step by step, after i label a user role, how i can have a user pay for that one page and nothing else. i am lost.

DO I ADD ALL THE CHECKS? IS THERE A MODEL OR EXAMPLE OF ALL THIS SOMEWHERE-HELP! its been weeks

The Forum post is edited by connie willis Apr 25 '13
connie willis
connie willis Apr 28 '13
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i want people to join my site for free.

then i want people to pay for one page @ 24 hours at a time.

how do i set that up? how do i label, what do i check off? etc., HELP!

please give me step by step-you have no instructions here  HELP!!!  its been 20 days!!!!!

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC May 1 '13
Connie, I will prepare a manual for you.
You do not have permission to reply this topic