We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Restrict view option in 1.5.2 is a fantastic feature but it doesn't work | Forum

Steve Winter
Steve Winter Apr 9 '13
The restrict view is a great addition but when I unselect guest and save I come right back and guest is still selected.   

The options are not saving.

Steve

The Forum post is edited by Steve Winter Apr 9 '13
Alia Team
Alia Apr 10 '13
Steve Winter, I was not able to reproduce this issue.
Here is what I did.

- opened settings of "Welcome" widget.
- have checked "Restrict view"
- within the two boxed that appeared, I have unchecked one for "Guests".
-Clicked "Save".
- opened settings of "Welcome" widget and my settings were saved.

Can you give me more info on how I can reproduce this issue? Exact steps, browser and anything you think might help.
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Apr 10 '13
Chrome Version 26.0.1410.43  

1.  Log in as admin

2. Goto Main

3. Click customize this page

4. Goto settings for the user window

5. Click restrict view

6. Untick guest and save 

7. Goto settings for that user section and see guest is still ticked.

It is not saving my selection.  It saves the restrict view option but not the individual selection.  I have also tried this on other sections like newsfeed and it is the same.  

Thank you,

Steve

Steve Winter
Steve Winter Apr 10 '13
I just tried it with Firefox and it saved my selection.  It does not work with Google Chrome (does not save the selections)
The Forum post is edited by Steve Winter Apr 10 '13
Alia Team
Alia Apr 11 '13
Steve, thank you.
I have passed this to our development team. Will keep you posted.
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Apr 17 '13
Now it won't work with Firefox anymore either.  I did move some of the windows around a bit.
Alia Team
Alia Apr 19 '13
Steve, this issue is kind of tricky. We are currently guessing that browser's cache is causing this, since when cache is cleaned everything starts working properly. Our developers are investigating this issue.
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Apr 19 '13
Quote from Aliia Steve, this issue is kind of tricky. We are currently guessing that browser's cache is causing this, since when cache is cleaned everything starts working properly. Our developers are investigating this issue.

One of the first things I tried was clearing the cache but I will try again.
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Apr 22 '13
I have tried this on different computers and the problem persists.  None of the selections that I make are really saved.   Is there any documentation where these settings are in the database file and what to edit?

Regards,

Steve

Steve Winter
Steve Winter Apr 23 '13
I finally got it to work by temporarily disabling a third party counter app while I change the settings.