We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can i make it all private? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Termure
Termure Apr 10 '13
Meaning only the heather/top menu-buttons visible, all the rest ONLY for the registered and aproved users.

Would be awsome to use it just me and my friends allover the world with not for every1 pics and texts :)

thanks

David A
David A Apr 11 '13
So are you sating that you want the site to just allow you to interact with the members, but not allow the members to interact with each other?

Shaun
Shaun Apr 12 '13
Try this.
Goto the admin section and click pages and menus

You are give a list of you top menu item that if you scroll over will reveal the words edit.

Click to edit and you will be presented with a new page. Untick the box that says visible to guest's but leave tje box ticked that says visible to members

Each page has to be done seperatly and may have to remove the modules on the main page.

Hope this helps and sorry its poorly written but im struggling to reply on my phone.

Good luck.
Alia Team
Alia Apr 16 '13
1. Site admin can make the site invisible to guest users. This can be done in admin panel>>Privacy&Permissions>>Global Privacy. Option is called "Guests can view the site": yes, no, with password. This setting is applied sitewide.

2. Oxwall offers "Privacy" plugin. You can download it from the store. Once the plugin is installed, your site users will get a "Privacy" tab under "My Preferences" ( can be found within the drop down menu of the top right console in 1.5.x versions of Oxwall). Under this tab user himself can select which content he would like to be private/public ( available options: only me, everybody, friends only). So if, for example I have set my photos to be visible to friends only, those photos will not be visible to users who are not my friends. Which means that guest users won't be able to see these photos as well.  Same applies to other user content.

3. You can use "User roles" feature to restrict guest/users from seeing/doing certain content/actions. Go to admin panel>>Privacy&Permissions>>roles. There you can set what kind of things user with "Guest" role can or can't do. For example: search users ( yes/no), view profiles (yes/no) and etc.

4. Use, "restricted view" feature mentioned by Shaun in the post above, to make your widgets visible only to certain group of users.